Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Saying HI!

Old 03-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Saying HI!

G'day Gang!

Just wanted to say hello. I'm sure at some point I'll be asking plenty of questions. I just joined this forum after finding some information here (thanks Google!) and I must say, just from what I've seen, I've run into a gold mine of information.

I am not an artist, and I work with photoshop just enough that I don't feel completely lost, but there are about a bazillion features of the software I will never use.

My partner's grandmother is now over 100 years old, and there exist hundreds, probably thousands of family photos taken during her lifetime.

I thought it would be fun and interesting to create a video slideshow, so other people in the family could enjoy these images as well. By distributing a DVD to family and friends, we should be able to make a nice presentation while keeping the images no worse for wear than they already are.

Many of these images are old (obviously) and damaged, (wrinkles, tears, stains, fingerprints.. the works) so I have a lot of work ahead of me.

I've worked on quite a few, and it seems I learn something new with every photo. I'm sure by the time I'm finished, I'll probably look back and want to start again on the first ones.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello thank everyone on these forums, there's such a wealth of information here, I can only hope to absorb some of it.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon