RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Hi From New Zealand

Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 AM

Hi From New Zealand

Hi guys

I've just spent so long registering, activating, sorting out a sig, and wondering why we are only allowed 60 pixels for an avatar, that I have completely forgotten how I came to be here. I’m pretty sure I was using Google, but I’m not sure what I was looking for.

I think it was to do with Wacom brush options.

Anyway, I’m a photographer living in New Zealand who enjoys using PhotoShop. I have CS4, and wonder how on earth I ever managed with that antiquated CS3 – I think the box should have a nice thatched roof. I teach PhotoShop and lighting workshops to the local Camera Club (where I am the Vice President) and also general photography to local adult training organisations.

My business card says Community Volunteer & Photographer, which means I don’t get paid for any of the above, but it got me CS4 for half price – which was nice.

So I bet you guys know heaps?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-02-2009, 04:15 AM

Re: Hi From New Zealand

Hello and welcome Trevor, glad you found this site and registered ok
looks like you will be a asset here along with all the others we have
took a quick look at your flickr pages and there is some great work there

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-02-2009, 05:16 PM

Hi Palms, and thanks for the welcome. I have been checking out your flickr stream, and particularly the flowers, and most particularly this image.

It is an interesting image in several respects, but I am soooo impressed with the masking. I have to assume the BG is a composite, but that is probably the best masking I have ever seen.

I don't want to start a discussion in the wrong place, so if you could redirect me to the appropriate part of the forum, that would be great.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Dennis View Post
Hi Palms, and thanks for the welcome. I have been checking out your flickr stream, and particularly the flowers, and most particularly this image.

It is an interesting image in several respects, but I am soooo impressed with the masking. I have to assume the BG is a composite, but that is probably the best masking I have ever seen.

I don't want to start a discussion in the wrong place, so if you could redirect me to the appropriate part of the forum, that would be great.
Thank you Trevor for taking the time for a look and commenting
The background is one that i made, which i tend to do for most of the flower images
As for your praise of the masking i thank you very much i dont really see anything special in it myself, of course it can and does take a while ( the blackberry one took hours and hours ) but for some strange reason i enjoy doing it
usually i put the background on top of the layers add the mask and use a soft round brush at different sizes and off I go,( and not a pretty sight usually sat with my tongue sticking out and holding my breath as i get in close ) I will alt click onto the mask to see if I have missed pieces etc, occasionally i will add gaussian blur to the mask but this is rare
Having a quick look around it seems that the photo compositing would be a place for a masking thread !
but as this is your thread so to speak i have answered you here
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-17-2010, 10:38 PM

Jeez Trevor, you do get around
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2010, 04:46 AM

Welcome, Trevor. Just had a glance at your Flickr stream and I agree: some lovely work there. Be back later to see some more. Enjoy your visits here.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon