RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

The RetouchPro Music Club

Old 06-23-2011, 11:20 PM

Re: The RetouchPro Music Club

This is so cool! Dawes is on NPR promoting their new album.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Patron

I like Jazz and Gospel Also, old school Soul/Funk music, and a lot of what they call New Soul (which is really pretty much old Soul styles sung by new artists).

Rock is nice if it's not too hard or too soft. Classical is cool as well. I also like a decent amount of international and cultural music depending on the actual piece. All in all I'll listen to just about anything that's not too extreme

I don't listen to music while I'm working, though, it's too distracting for me personally. Wish I could
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2011, 03:08 AM

the color styling in this video left me breathless because it was so beautiful and appropriate to this awesome song One Eskimo - Kandi

Last edited by Nasturtium; 07-18-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2011, 10:08 PM
Patron

Thought I would give you all a laugh this evening (since all the debt ceiling talks is almost enough for me to blow my lid; lol).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RzcvFLPg1A
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Patron

Surprised nobody's shared a good Christmas song here; Christmas literally is only a week away. Though you all would like this glass harp interpretation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=QdoTdG_VNV4
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-04-2012, 01:43 AM
Patron

Forever Autumn

Have any of you ever had a song in your head that you could not get out of? Well, I've been searching for this song that I remember listening on the radio in the 70s for over 5 years (ever since I heard it played at the Mall then and even recently a few weeks ago; of course the search was on and off. lol). I didn't have access to a mike and tried a few keyboard input search engines but to no avail. Well, finally I found my headphone mike (2002 vintage; lol) and low and behold it still works (pen camera doesn't; company never made drivers for Win7 and I disable USB for my XP VM and don't want it enabled. lol). Anyway, I used the Humming search engine site, Midomi, and it found right away my song so now I have it's name and no longer have to be on this 5 year quest (wasn't going to buy a mike just to do this; as many here already know, I'm a cheap b@stard. lol). Now one less thing to look for. Below's the Youtube link; enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO9Qx...yer_detailpage
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-04-2012, 03:03 AM

Re: Forever Autumn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkroll View Post
Have any of you ever had a song in your head that you could not get out of?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO9Qx...yer_detailpage
Yes. They actually have a name for that now, it's called an 'earworm'. I've had a lot of them the last few days after going to a festival on Saturday. Which has left me spending waaaaaaaay too much time on http://www.songmeanings.net/
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2012, 03:19 AM

Re: Forever Autumn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkroll View Post
Have any of you ever had a song in your head that you could not get out of? Well, I've been searching for this song that I remember listening on the radio in the 70s for over 5 years

don't you just hate it when that happens ! and then for someone to say you should of hummed it to me ! I know the song well,
some more info :

Justin Hayward is from the band The Moody Blues which just happen to be a "Brummie" band

"Brummie" meaning someone/thing from Birmingham, like Me lol lol

Mind you a trip down memory lane, the mike, All pc packages came with them back in the day, but i dont think mine was ever used ! ! !
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Patron

Yeah; believe I purchased the headphone/mike set a year or so after I bought my first PC (was experiementing with voice messaging as I recall; short term and gave it up since my connection was telephone modem back then. lol). I knew I had this headset, but I, for the life of me, could not find where I put it. All the online music search sites either required you to know a few words, play a virtual piano to find the tune, tap the rhythm of the song, or hummm. None of the non-humm search engines worked for me. The Humm (guess I am pretty good at humming; lol) search engine found the song right away. lol

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-28-2012, 02:37 AM
Patron

The Keep: Stealing the Silver Cross

I remember when I first saw this movie on TV (did not see it at the theatre) and said the movie was quite surreal but the music was just way too awesome. I had several of Tangerine Dream CDs but had no idea that they wrote the music for this movie. Very unique music they make. One of there CDs I hated until I played it 3 or 4 times and it just grew on me. lol

All my music is locked up in storage. Never did get the CD Soundtrack for the movie. Was going to buy the VHS but found out it was not for general sale but can be purchased for like $90 and I said at that time I'll pass. lol

If you folks ever do see it played on the SyFy channel or other venue, it's worth watching just for the music in it. The track here is my favorite and just found it (see how bored I am when nothing's on TV worth watching either. lol). Thought maybe one or two may like my isoteric taste in music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0DQ1lNiVY
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon