Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

How many of you are Photographers?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:59 PM
How many of you are Photographers?

Just curious as to how many people here are photogs.

Im a photographer.... enthusiest not professional, not trying to be a prof4essional, but I have sold some work. If it can afford me my hobby then ill do some small work. Havent been shooting very long either. Just about a year.

My setup is Nikon.
D40 body,
35mm 1.8 AFS prime,
18-55mm AFS kit lens,
55-200mm AFS 55-200 VR.
Su-800 remote flash commander
two Sb-600 flashes.

I got into retouching because of the camera. I saw how much all my older digital P&S pictures sucked, so i started working them and just enjoyed doing so.

I saw a comment on here, about how photographers tend to think post processing is just a little thing of a button here, a stroke there, and a level adjustment.

being a member on which is HIGHLY active that pretty much seems to sum it up with a lot of the photogs. lol. Im not sure what i like doing more, shooting, or playing with the images in CS3. lol

Anyways... maybe this was a pointless thread?... im sure you see plenty of these from me. ... where i work at, there is lots of downtime, which results in a lot of time messing around on the mustang forums, nikon forums, and now the retouchpro forums.

Hats off to the work ive seen on here. I hope to impress everyone here someday!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Re: How many of you are Photographers?

Not doing much right now. Just too many other projects going on. Maybe this winter.

Not a pointless thread at all. You can also add a survey to a thread which will count votes for various things... you make up the items to vote on. You can impress us any time you like. Feedback will always vary, as it should.... you have people of different ages, from different countries, of different backgrounds and education all commenting on an image without any clue what the artist's intentions were.

So, my advise to you... write one or two sentences for each post that you want feedback on. In those two sentences, tell us where your idea came from, how you hoped to capture it, what the challenges were, how you may do it different the 2nd time., etc, etc. Only then may you receive some constructive criticism.

Best of luck !
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon