Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

A Welcome Note To Newbies

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2005, 06:44 AM
finally here

Hi everyone

Im fanally here, after a very looong period of ups and downs and no work I fanally got internet connection.

I would like to thanks eveyone in here for such a wonderful site, my passion is photography and photoshop. I recently moved to Australia and after a very long period I started ussing photoshop againg.
I also trying to finish my site, which is been a lot of hard work, with some major problems such as hard drive giving up and then my monitor! so at the moment im ussing a rented one and not sure if what im seeing is right.

Anyway I will be around looking for in the tutorials and forums.

Old 10-22-2005, 11:39 PM

Thanks for the welcome....

So much to learn here...I never knew. WOW!!! I have a lot to absorb reading all this info. Every one seems so helpful in finding your answers. I will be here a lot.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:27 AM
This site is the marriage of two things I hold dear, Digital Photo Editing and a supportive online community.

I am in awe of all that is here!

Cant wait to upload some of my work.

Old 12-13-2005, 11:50 AM
Hi there, Lac

If you are posting to the Forums, remember that the limit is 100K - have a look at this thread, just to get off on the right foot.

For the challenges area the limit is 200K.

Have fun!!

Old 12-17-2005, 01:24 PM

Im Tonya a photographer here in the Houston metro area. Im looking to also learn pro retouching so I could also offer that service to photographers around the area, and also national.

I have been here a few days and posted on your forums. This is really a excellent site for retouching I have learned more from here in the few days i been here. I have passed this site so many times but never joined, I could kick myself for that, but a makeup artist in a forum on ezboard told me to come here for retouching guidance and Im glad I did.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:12 AM
Smile Hello from Downunder :-)

Hi All,

My first post I have been playing around with photos & videos for sometime, but only recently got a digital SLR with a couple of nice lenses and I am having a ball, so have spent the last couple of weeks looking for books, mags & the net to help me get the most out of it....

I have Photoshop 7 & Photoshop elements 3 and am struggling to say the least, but sure with time it will get better

Look forward to reading the old threads and picking up some great tips.

Brisbane QLD
Old 02-10-2006, 12:09 PM
Help !!

comic sans How can I get help I need to put a old photo here since am new here I do not know how to do it can you help me??
Old 02-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi Jorge/Gon

Welcome to Retouch Pro.

Please follow the link below for Instructions

Old 02-28-2006, 09:31 PM

I am a new member but have never taken part in forums or chats. I need to understand how to reply to a forum. When I click on the retouch discussion I only see a new thread button, why does this one have a reply button and others don't. I don't want to start a new thread do I when I want to join a discussion. Maybe I just don't get the forum terms. It looks like there are forums that have many threads and you can reply to a thread or start a new topic? If I have questions like these or problems with file size to upload etc what do I do if I don't see a reply button? When do I know I ought to start a thread?
Old 04-08-2006, 12:32 PM

I'm a professional photographer and have been using Photoshop for a few years now. I actually thought I was pretty good at re-touching faces.....until I came across Chanelle's website [her username on here is Shellby] - and quite dramatically I felt like a complete newbie that had had a huuuuuge head!

So I'm here to learn. I've spent so long trying to improve my photography skills, why not the photoshop side too?!

I can't wait to see how it's all done so very well. I may even post up a few attempts [if I'm brave enough!!] at a later date after reading up on techniques.
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon