Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

A Welcome Note To Newbies

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2006, 01:10 PM

Hello and thanks.

Do a search for skin and you will find a good few threads on here explaining the subject. Also search for the user HEYRAD he outlines a great technique for skin using non destructive dodge and burn.

Good luck
Old 04-19-2006, 07:26 PM

Hi All,

Just joined up cos I've decided to take that step into the world of re touching... I've been fairly hard core against retouching but its time to open my eyes a little..

Anyway, here's my website of fairly un touched images if you wanna have a look -

Thanks all,
Old 04-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Detune...Welcome aboard. :-)

I took a tour of your gallery, GREAT stuff.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:20 PM
thanks so much I'm kinda leaning towards the world of film a bit more these days but the work when i do get it is always digital so, gotta do what I gotta do to survive right? Otherwise I'll have to settle for my laaaaaame o day job
Old 05-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Talking New Member

Hey all! I've been using Photoshop on and off since version 5 (mostly off, to be totally honest ), and have gotten more into it in the past 7 or 8 months to the point where I joined NAPP in April

While my main interests lie with color correcting photos, retouching does come into play now and then. I can do some of the basics, but a photo with a million scratches all over it...that's a Katrin Eismann level photo

Anyway, I hope to learn as much from this forum as I've learned from NAPP already!

Old 05-07-2006, 01:04 AM
He who doesn't speak a foreign tongue, doesn't know his mother tongue.

Interesting signature.

Welcome to RP, have fun learning.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:38 PM

Ive posted a couple of times since I joined a few weeks back but I thought id say HI.

I have a few years and many thousands of images of experience in restoration. I was one of the original people at the place in New Zealand that walgreens outsourced all their work too ( After some of the work that managed to get through our QA process im not sure thats a good thing to say ). After a year and many thousands of photos later I moved onto a quality control / trainer role at the same place. Was made redundant about a year after that, and now working on a helpdesk for an ISP.

Me and my girlfriend ( who is also an experienced retoucher ) are starting our own restoration firm at the moment.. so stay tuned . It will be primarily New Zealand based for a start with the possibility of some internet jobs. Not sure.

I have also done a few high end retouches for major companies like sony etc and would love to one day to be involved in that side of things for a living.

Outside of retouching I enjoy sailing, music, and beer.

Last edited by aceman; 05-10-2006 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:11 AM
Greetings from Belarus

I'm Al and I have recently joined the community. My primary professional interest is in digital photography software and image processing. Computers and programming were the first thing I loved. But then... one day me brother bought a digital camera and I fell in love with taking pictures. More than that!Having advanced computer skills and experience I was able to do magic around photos. Color correction, watermarking, colorization, artistic frames, digital albums, galleries etc. This world makes me glued to my monitor. Recently, I've started a blog devoted to digital photogrpahy software where I publish my real-life stories about digital imaging and utilities.

The last review was about photo retouching. I tried a specialized photoshop plugin and restorated several old photos from my grandma's old photo album. However, while the utility saved me much time, there were some things that it couldn't cope with.

So, I joined here to learn more and share my own experience.

Greetings form Minsk, Belarus.

Al Murauski,
Old 05-18-2006, 04:48 AM
Hi aceman, Al,

welcome to RP!

Great to have you both on board!!
Old 06-09-2006, 10:48 PM
hi there

Hi, I am new to posting here. Being shy it is hard for me to post. But this place is so awesome. I have recently upgraded to PS and am addicted to photo restoration/repair and editing. I found this place awhile ago, through one of the many tute sites I have for PSP and there was a link for this place for skin tones. I thought I had found heaven when I found this place. I spend many hours here reading and printing all the wonderful tips and techniques. One this I was wondering about was I absolutly postive that there was an eye color chart here as well, and I have searched high and low and can not find it anywhere. I think my most favorite technique is colorizing black and white, and I have a precious pic of a baby over his mummys shoulder, and I colored the blanket a nice powder blue, but I would really try to colorize his eyes as well. Anyways, thanks for all posters who take the time to place tutes I really appreciate it alot.

Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon