RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

A Welcome Note To Newbies

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 01:54 AM

Hi Eva,

Welcome to RP.

Don't be shy, with a few exceptions most members here are house trained, and don't bite, I'm sure you'll be made welcome by all.

Can't help you with the eye colour chart I'm afraid, colouring is not really my thing (as will be clearly seen if you look at my entry for this month's competition), but I'm sure someone will have what you want.

While I'm talking about the monthly competition, if you're into colouring, this months offering might be just up your street. Give it a go, it's a great way to learn and introduce yourself at the same time.

Anyway, enjoy yourself here.

Best wishes, Gary
Old 07-14-2006, 07:00 PM

Hey I am Ryan, I am new to the forum but I am not new to Photoshop. I found this site a few days ago and I have been looking around and decided to set up shop as it so here. So hey!
Old 07-14-2006, 07:48 PM

HI Everyone, thanx Jac for the big welcome! I've been working on pics from operation photo rescue and was lead to this forum by another member of OPR.
The amount of info here is astounding,have been cruising around for a few days on and off to try to get my barings,and I've got to say it's a little overwhelming!
Looks like a really great site!!!!
Old 07-29-2006, 08:07 AM

Hello!

Hi to everyone. I think this site is the one I've been looking for. I have been browsing the forums for a couple of days now and I can't tell you how impressed I've been by the depth of knowledge on display and the friendliness of the place.

A bit about myself: I'm from Leeds, England. I've been in the print industry for 28 years, the last couple of which have had some involvement in Photoshop and Illustrator (although I've been dabbling in PS at home for a few years previously) My dream, though, is to work from home in my own digital imaging/photo restoration business. I hope to do this by the time I'm 50, in 3 years time. I have so much to learn from any of you out there who have already done this.

There are also some great tutorials here!

Wayne
Old 08-04-2006, 10:13 PM

Hi all!

New neighbor here!

Professional photographer. Digital scrapbook designer. Photoshop addict. Adobe Illustrator newbie.

I hail from Tulsa, Oklahoma, where the men are men and the sheep are nervous...

I love the site, love all the infinite wisdom here. I plan on sucking it all up like a big ol' Hoover!

One tiny question though. I'm new to the whole forums thing. How does one add a photo to their comments?
Old 08-06-2006, 05:28 PM

Nevermind, I figured it out. Not nearly as intimidating as I thought it would be!
Old 08-09-2006, 07:44 AM

How to upload a repaired challenge?

Hi,

I am not sure how to upload my repaired image to a challenge. Is there an upload link somewhere, I don't see any on the page with the large image.

Could someone point me at the right place please.

Thanks

Les
Old 08-09-2006, 10:15 AM

After clicking on the "Reply" button in a thread, if you scroll down below the text entry box, you'll see another button called "Manage Attachments". Click on this, select your file, upload it and then complete your text message or just click on "Submit Reply" when you are done.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:11 PM

Thumbs down

Hello, Jak and Friends:

This is my first visit to RetouchPRO and it is a wonderful site. I will make a post later in the Restoration, Retouching and Manipulation section, showing a recent project I in did on my Mac in Photoshop7 for my guitar player, Bill's family. It's his grandmother at a wedding in Fort Worth, Texas in 1912. In the original picture, she's standing behind the bride seated in front of her and she is pretty much completely shielded by the bride's veil and head. Bill's request was to isolate grandma and enlarge her so they could see her face better in one picture instead of picking her out standing behind the bride. Well, I looked the picture over and decided to take the arms and bouquet from a lady standing on the end of the group and put 'em in front of the bride, did some resizing and clone-stamping around here and there, and now grandma is all by herself. I did one version in duotone, converted from the RGB scan, and one in grayscale. Hopefully the links I provide to my Glowfoto album will be good to use here.

I was referred to this site from the administrator at Draglist.com, a drag racing website and message board, where I am doing a lot of motorsports graphics and photo restoration and manipulation. Today I did one of our members on the cover of Hot Rod magazine, just for kicks. It's funny and we had a lot of fun with it, but...BUT....there are concerns that somewhere down the line I might receive a letter from the big guys at Hot Rod's lawyers about that. I don't know the legalities of it, but I think if I was doing that stuff for money, that I would be liable to pay up...this was just for fun, but I sure don't want to step on anybody's toes. I was also referred to a site where the guy uses all of the major magazine titles and so forth...his work did not look very good to me, actually...and he charges huge money to put your face on Britney Spears or something. Just quick cut-and-paste stuff with no quality...I have no intention of doing anything like that, but if y'all have any tips or advice about the magazine cover thing, I'd sure appreciate knowing what's right and what's not...

This site is excellent. I browsed the tutorials and I'm going to study several of the subjects. Thanks again for putting this essential site online! It's great to be here.

John

Last edited by pctalent; 08-12-2006 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:30 PM

Welcome aboard, John!
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon