RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

A Welcome Note To Newbies

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 10:16 AM

Re: A Welcome Note To Newbies

Hi everybody, My name is Hasan and I am from Turkey.

I interested with prof. Photographing and PS.

See u
Old 11-27-2007, 10:56 AM

Hello, Have been a member of this site for a few months but I don't think I ever said Hi.
I love photography and love to restore old photos.
I am a mother, grandmother, and great grandmother.
Full time employed BUT would love to do photography full time. Would love to hear from other beginning photographers. I have been playing around with my camera for about 6 years now and the more I use it and my computer, the more I love it.
I would like to know how to post pictures for oppinions.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:29 AM

Hi

Really like point #8 of your thoughts. I am sure that I will not be able to visit often but I am really glad to have found this group.

Kevin aka fotografiklee
Old 12-01-2007, 09:26 AM

Hi,

I just joined retouchpro today, and I'm eager to become an active member (as time permits). I'm from Connecticut in the U. S.

I use a Canon D20, which I love. Most of my photos are cats (for the local humane society), musicians in performance (my husband's bands and other musicians), and nature (during walks in the woods). I'm an amateur.

I look forward to learning a lot and hopefully offering some back, too.

Marcia
Old 12-01-2007, 04:07 PM

Hello--I'm just trying to understand how this forum operates and am sure I will get the hang of it soon.
Know there is a wealth of knowledge to tap here love new ideas.

glasater
Old 12-01-2007, 09:01 PM

hi everyone . just standing in the corner listening to the sounds of the party. Picking up some interesting conversations. will hopefully be able to fully contribute one day.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:11 PM

Hi everyone! im new to this site, but have viewed some forums for a month or so and Im so happy I found a site for retouchers! Ive been in this for about 13 years. I only play with photography sometimes, but am a professional retoucher/not-a-bad artist too. I live in Tennesse, US; 35 year old mom; grew up a military-brat and am thrilled to be active in this site and get critiques about my work. I would like to go solo as an idependent retouch/restore/ manipulater(sp?) of photos, so any advice and opinions(really!) is very welcome.
Nice to meet all of you.

Last edited by sandr35; 12-03-2007 at 04:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-04-2007, 11:28 PM

Hi All,

This is a great site and I really hope to spend more time here. I joined some time back but I keep getting off on tangents that take up too much of my time.

I'm a photographer and I do all of my own retouching and have for years. I'm self taught, way too set in my ways and could use some fresh inspiration, ideas and techniques. I used to do print retouching back in the days when you used dyes and pencils and pastels and ... gads!... I cringe to recall it!... that nasty retouch lacquer in the spray cans!.... and I surely breathed in enough of that to shorten my life at least 10 years....

I came to this site looking for ways I can improve on my techniques and maybe help other people who are just learning. I also want to learn more about compositing and montage work.

It looks like a great bunch of people who love what they do... can't ask for more...
Old 12-05-2007, 10:59 AM

็Hi I'm come to apologise to introduce myself so late,I'm a newbie in photoshop retouching but I've tried so hard to read many things in this great webboard.Now I'm finding myself style to retouch!!.I'm close to finish my work soon now I impress in the extreme contrast style retouching and I going to be there.thanks everyone here to share a great tutorial to me ..``^_^
Old 12-06-2007, 02:29 PM

Talking Re: A Welcome Note To Newbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotolook View Post
Hi All,
I'm a photographer and I do all of my own retouching and have for years. I'm self taught, way too set in my ways and could use some fresh inspiration, ideas and techniques. I used to do print retouching back in the days when you used dyes and pencils and pastels and ... gads!... I cringe to recall it!... that nasty retouch lacquer in the spray cans!.... and I surely breathed in enough of that to shorten my life at least 10 years....

I came to this site looking for ways I can improve on my techniques and maybe help other people who are just learning. I also want to learn more about compositing and montage work.

It looks like a great bunch of people who love what they do... can't ask for more...

-Actually, I miss the feel and smell of the dyes,paints,pencils & (egads!) lacquer....mmmm...alot more creative and challanging to me. Is that weird or normal? I don't know.

Sandy
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon