Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

A Welcome Note To Newbies

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2002, 05:46 PM
Thanks Ed, DJ and Jak for the warm welcome. I submitted my first challenge today, but I must have done something wrong because it's not really there.

I would like to submit the previous challenges Ed, but I have no description for them and I KNOW that is a big part of this wonderful site...

Thanks again for the welcome!
Old 08-24-2002, 06:35 AM
New User

Hello to everyone I am a new user wanting to learn I know nothing so PLEASE help whenever you can. My interest is retoration&retouching.
Old 08-24-2002, 02:04 PM
Welcome c7m053 to Retouch Pro. We're happy you joined in. If you have a problem or question, please just let us know and we will be glad to try and help you out. Also, don't be afraid to give advice, opinions etc. either. Even those who think they know nothing pick up some interesting facts and tips in their search for information. So don't be afraid to join in.
Old 08-24-2002, 03:14 PM
Hi Joe, and welcome to RetouchPRO! You've certainly come to the right place! My knowledge has grown by leaps and bounds since I joined RP. I think you'll find everyone really friendly, so don't be shy about asking for help. There is a ton of information in these forums which you will learn a lot from, but remember that no thread is ever dead, so if you find that you have questions on anything already here, jump right in and ask!

Old 10-06-2002, 12:57 PM
Hi All
been onRP for a while now love it to bits, I am in Cornwall in the United Kingdom do not see many members for the UK here "is there" shoul;d be more

Jak i kneel at you feet
Old 12-20-2002, 03:07 AM
I have to say that this place is so welcoming, especially to newbies. I cant wait to get started trying some of the challenges so that I can learn some of the techniques for restoration. Ive done little other than use photoshop to resize and occassionally touch up a pic a little. Although I did have a go at restoring a picture of my aunts last week. I thought I did a reasonable job till I looked at some of the challenges here!! .

I look forward to learning from you all

Rose. (tassie)
Old 12-20-2002, 07:19 AM
Thumbs down

Just a few lines from another Brit newbie to say I have enjoyed the time on the site immensly and shall recommend it to any others of a similar ilk who might just be interested in the stuff on these pages
Iain H
Old 12-20-2002, 09:26 AM
Rose and Iain,
Welcome both of you to Retouch Pro.

Rose, I've been doing this for 5 years now and I'm still learning from this group.

Iain, it's nice to welcome another member from Britian. I think Kelvin will be happy to see you here too. There's a few members from England here and even a British moderator.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing more of you both in the future and if you have any questions just ask. We're happy to help out when we can.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:26 PM
Smile What a WELCOME!!!!

I am new to this site and would like to say that is the most informative, inspirational welcome I have ever seen! I was getting blasted pretty good at DPReview, and ran into a wonderful guy named Danny Raphael. Thus my presence here. You are correct in saying this site is very NICE, and you are also correct in saying it is unusual! You are all great, and I am excited to start getting more involved.

I have been working on digital manipulations since about november and I use PhotoDraw2000, [which Danny is helping me to correct...nice guy he is by the way. ] I never realized there was better software out there!

I love taking images with my digital and then playing with them and making something new or different. I always try to keep as much of my original photo intact as possible, this is why Danny sent me here, rather than Photo Art. I am waiting to get my hands on an older version of PS so I can do more more the meantime, I am loving PD2000 and having a blast! I will keep checking in and seeing what is new and interesting.

BTW, you are also correct when saying this site is a lybrynth and hard to get a handle on, and the sheer immense amount of information can be overwhelming....I got to agree with that!

Again, I want to commend you on your welcome, and let you know that I as one, [amoung millions of course] but still one voice 'shouting' out, what an awesome WELCOME!

Thanks so much for the info and the intro.

Take care,
Old 01-16-2003, 09:30 AM
Hey Welcome aboard NiteOwl!!

I'm partial to Michiganders being a misplaced one myself. Look forward to seeing more of you on Retouch Pro.

Yes, this sure is an unusual site but it's all due to the unique quality of members who join in here. It started out with a bunch of real nice people who respect each other and that respect seems to have carried on to all the new members who join. When you open up and share a part of yourself, it's a nice feeling to know someone isn't going to come along and blast you for it.
Jak is a prime example of why this site works so well. She's talented and loves to share her knowledge to help others. She's just one of so many on this site that make it what it is. I think you'll really like it here.
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon