Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

A Welcome Note To Newbies

Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2003, 10:08 AM
Jeff L. -- I visited your website and looked in some of your Galleries -- you do some very good work. You have a great eye for composition, color, patterns, line, and you handle macros, portraits, landscapes with equal aplomb. Looking forward to seeing more of your photography.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:38 AM
Why ... Thank You! I have posted a couple of photos here in the challenges. That was quite fun! Basically I have been lurking around here getting my bearings. There sure are alot of things to learn here and I will chime in if I think I can be of any use
Old 07-29-2003, 06:24 AM
Greetings from England

Hello People. I joined yesterday and seeing as my fellow Brits have announced themselves I feel its time to say hello.
I'm 25 and from London and currently working in a print reprographics house which tries to steer me away from retouching (my favourite bit) and on to more mundane things like Quark and Illustrator.
I have been playing with photoshop for quite a while now but am by no means an expert. I am VERY keen on learning more and this seems the best place to do it.
If anyone has any questions regarding reproducing images to print CMYK I'd like to think that I'll be able to help
Old 07-30-2003, 08:17 AM
Thumbs down Hello

I just wanted to say HI. I joined yesterday and just dove right in. Everyone has been so nice here. I needed to get something done for a client of mine and you all helped me out, especially Jeanie. She is a true asset to RetouchPRO. I can't believe how nice everyone here is. I absolutely love this place and have been looking for a place like this for along time. I am glad I found it, but only wish I had sooner. Thank you all. I just hope that I can help you all out sometime too.... cyal8tr
Old 10-08-2003, 09:23 PM
Just Registered

HI everyone.

Fox and I have just registered with the forum. We're Antique Photo restorers in Adelaide, Australia. Just starting a new business. Looking forward to learning new tips and tricks to help us on our way to becoming xpurts.

We're also training with the Australian College of Journalism doing freelance photography so we'll be kept pretty busy in the next few weeks. We will be dropping by from time to time to check messages and things.

Vixen and Fox
Old 11-21-2003, 02:29 AM
WOW! This is the most incredible photoshop resource I have ever found. I'm in that middle ground between photoshop noob and intermediate user. I am by no means a graphics tradesman, let alone an artist. I muck with photoshop and toy with plugins. With brute force I sometimes achieve some of the results I desire.

I'll be lurking here for a LONG LONG time.

Old 12-16-2003, 10:19 AM
Hi I have just joined.

I work in a Large Retoching House in London England and have been retoching for almost 20 years the first 9 where with brushes dyes and bleaches untile I got myself on a computor 11 years ago. Anyone need any tips I will be happy to help. 20 years and I still love my job cant think of anything I would rather do. Anyway Great site I will be visiting when I get a chance and work is slow.

Laters Lex
Old 03-19-2004, 02:48 PM
Newbies, nuts, & niceness...

Hello Jak, et al.!

I may not be a newbie in terms or length of membership...but...
I sure am in experience with the site.

I'm so glad to be here. You are right, Jak, people are nice here! It almost makes me want to say something rude--just to break it up. So here goes:

Ok then. Hehe. So I'd like to thank all of you moderators for you efforts. This is a wonderful site. I've learned SO MUCH. In fact, the thing I've learned the most here is how much I have yet to learn!

There are some unbelievably talented artists here. It's humbling...and yet extremely exciting to me.

Thanks again,

Scott A. Stewart
Gurnee, IL
Old 03-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Hello Scott!

Welcome to RP!

Originally Posted by ACTUAL iMAGE
.....It almost makes me want to say something rude--just to break it up. So here goes:

.... Pheeeewwww .... and I was fearing a bout of "Tourette's Disorder" ....

Glad to have you onboard!

Old 06-08-2004, 10:03 AM
Thumbs down Just signed up here !

Hi all !

Had my account approval in the mail some ten minutes ago.
Done a bit of scouting on this site and ... wow..!!
This is going to be fun IMO.

And how did I end up here .. ?

Well, you know, been beating some versions of Photoshop without really knowing what I was doing. Done photography off and on since 1976 ( still on chemical version ) and actaully understood the power of Photoshop even though I've not really got the proper grips of it.
... and I'm now on ver 7

Bought Kateryn Eismann's "R&R 2nd ed" from Amazon and is now beyond all salvation...
Probably doing the book to fast - kind of "turn-page-and-do-turn-page-and-do-turn-page..." and can't stop !!!

But hey, am I learing stuff or what ?!
I'm now half ways through the book and have learned more in 150 pages than all my collected "hacking" since ver 4.
Perhaps I've soon learned enough to change my avatar

My location will in the next few weeks be back in the old country - which is Sweden.
Not a needed info, I know, but could perhaps be nice to know ... ?

K' - so, now you'll be stuck with me for ever and ever and ever and ever....

-- Jiger --
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon