Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

A Welcome Note To Newbies

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2004, 06:39 PM
Hi guys!

Found out about this place today through where I've been participating in the NTF for almost a year.

Have very basic PS skills and use mostly curves/levels/USM/healing brush (how did we ever live w/o it?

Looking forward to extending & improving my abilities with the help from RetouchPro.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:36 AM
Wink Hi all you peopl i am a newbie here

Hi moderators and all you other clan

this site is cool and i have learned something all ready but can anyone tell me how to put somebodys head on to someones else shoulders and make it look real and also how to cut someone and insert it into another picture and make it look like its not been plonked there

soory if there long ?s but i really want to learn photoshop and this seems the best place

u can e-mail me if u wish at

cheers for all your help

Old 10-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Wink Hello :)

Hello users of RetouchPRO;

Always wanting to learn something new, how to do something a different way, make doing something easier. RetouchPRO popped up in a search and so I am making the commitment of time to see if this site makes things simple enough (how to do it lessons) for me to learn a little more as I go through life.

Ani (the BOSS, wife, daughter too? ) and I both shoot. We have a little bit of Canon gear and enjoy the time together. We are always looking to improve our photos (Myself more than Ani, who, coming here from Thailand 4½ years ago is still "growing up" to the ways things are done in our home), she plays with PS7.01 on her computer and I use PS CS on mine (yes , his and hers, side by side so we can play footsies too) and our notebook.

We both enjoy taking Landscape photos but want to learn how to take Portrait/People photos...thus here to learn.

That's a little about me (us) as an introduction to this forum board.

As always, thank you all for making learning resources available to us who need them, (all of us!)

Old 10-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Thumbs down Good Day Everyone!

Another hobbyist in the door here of retouch pro, I am very amazed of this site, I've been working with retouching and restoration for quite a while and wished (but never tried) that I could find a suitable place where I can mix up with kindred spirits... I'm so happy I ended up here "I can't even remember how" I'm looking for a very good time. Whoever did this website is really very "kind" ... you'll go to heaven... I promise

Michael Angelo Alano
Dumaguete, Philippines
Old 10-29-2004, 07:20 PM

Welcome MrChevy. I'm sure you will enjoy learning, creating, and contributing. This is a truly wonderful place for people with the computer/photo/painting bug.

Old 11-07-2004, 04:48 PM

Just wanted to say Hi! I am new to the forum.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Newbie says Hello to everyone.

I’m learning Adobe Illustrator which I really like what it does and needed some examples of what to do with AI, so I googled and used “Adobe Illustrator challenges” as my keywords and wouldn’t you know it brought me to the ProRetoucher site. What a great find! I have always wanted to make use of what I’ve been learning with these Graphics Softwares and now I’ve found a place to practice and maybe improve my skills.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:24 PM

Howdy from another new member! I joined several days ago and have spent some REAL quality time reading posts and seeing the wonderful work done here. And learned tons of new tricks already!

What a great site and resource.

I am a pro shooter in SoCal, mostly newspaper, but some freelance too, and a couple of retouching gigs.

Right now I am taking it easy because of shoulder injuries and surgeries so that means I can spend time learning new things.

Is it still ok to participate in past challenges?

Old 11-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Welcome to RP!!!!

No time limit for any of the challenges .... so just go ahead and have a lot of fun!!!

If you have doubts or questions just ask .... somebody here will surely answer!

P.S. .... Lara .... my daughter's name as well
Old 12-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Hello from another newbie

Hello...I'm Eric, I'm in coastal NC, and I just managed to get retired. So, I'm

I've been shooting for maybe 40 years and been using PS for maybe the last ten. Frankly, I haven't much of a clue how to use it well. Almost all my work involved converting color pix to grayscale for the newspaper my wife and I published, and for other job work in our print shop.

Fact is, I'll probably go back to work in a few months, but right now I am wanting to set up a series of maritime shots I'm taking as sepia prints. I've read and used the info in the tutorials on this site. Unfortunately, I've had only partial success with them. So I'll be posting some questions about that on the appropriate forum. I think some of the problems I had with the tutorial stem from my using PS 5.0...and the tutorial may have assumed 5.5 or above.

One thing I really would like to discuss is the use of a service bureau/vendor to get true photo prints once I get the digital files the way I want them. What would be a good forum to broach that topic?

Just FWIW, I am a dog trainer and a sailor...and I will not admit to any sins beyond those

Last edited by Smartdogs; 12-02-2004 at 02:29 PM.
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon