Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

A Welcome Note To Newbies

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Name's Sue. pleased to meet you!

Hello All

Just enjoying a mooch through this Super site, and paused to say Hi Although new to PS was hooked from day one ~ I live in the wilds of Northern England being an Antiques Dealer on a good day lol I love Travel, and capturing those special moments with my last venture Hiking in The Breath taking Grand Canyon, and my next Travels taking me to India in February click... click...

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Sue x
Old 12-18-2004, 02:44 PM
Question using the patch tool

I am trying to figure out how to use the patch tool to patch an area that joins a hard edge and you do not want the tool to pull in info from the surrounding edge area. I did find Russell brown's tutorial on the disappearing surfer to be helpful in photoshop 7, but I would like to know how to use this same technique in CS. How can I make the hard-edged area temporarily transparant to the patch tool like you can in PS7. thanks for any help on this issue and hello to all of you I am newe to this site!

Old 12-18-2004, 06:53 PM
Sgaphoto, use it exactly the same way. It works for both 7 and CS. Have fun.

Old 12-23-2004, 06:08 PM

Also new. Joins awhile ago but didn't post until now.

This summer I purchased the Nikon D70 and I also just purchased Photoshop CS. What a learning experience that is!!! I went through Adobe PS CS Classroom in a book and the PS Cs book for digital photographers by Scott Kelby. Both books have been just great for learning some stuff.

I may find what I am looking for here if I snoop around some more but what I have is a b&w photo that looks like its rusty. I was going to see if I could post it here but the closest I came to find how it says it has to be in a tiff format. I put my pictures for upload to other sites on and I don't think I can upload tiff format there. Any suggestions? Also I will go through the challenges to see if anyone else has submitted a picture that looks rusty.
Old 12-26-2004, 11:06 PM
Hi. Just stopping to say hello and be polite as I rummage around trying to absorb such a vast array of knowledge. A friend led me here and I'm glad she did. Fantastic site.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Just joined

was told about this site by a friend, and decide I needed to check it out!
Old 01-30-2005, 06:38 AM
Just found your site

Following a link on another forum I have just found your site. I must say, having had just a quick look, it is impressive!.

I have only done very few restorations in the past, but look forward to learning how to improve my skills.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Another Newbie

Hi all...

Another newbie to Retouch Pro. I'm impressed with the friendly, constructive messages and willingness of folks to help others! My kind of people

My background is in specialty advertising which requires line (vector) art 99% of the time, but I've been doing some freelance work for a local print shop selling and creating ads for a 68 page Chamber of Commerce membership book, and creating a souviner book for their Caladium Festival Committee. Some manipulation, but mostly scanning, cleanup, color adjust, crop and insert text for ads type work. I'm looking forward to learning some more creative techniques.

I'm not new to computers. I've been doing digital art since the mid 80's, mostly in FreeHand. Ad specialties have special output requirements (embroidery, die cast, hot stamp, silk screen etc) and usually requires spot colors for the separations and line screen requirements are usually very low.

I work on a Mac G5 using the Adobe CS suite and FreeHand (my preference over Illustrator). I'm looking forward to digging in to PhotoShop and I can see this site and the users here will provide much inspiration.

Old 02-24-2005, 01:42 AM

After reading the welcome note and the friendly words, i have the feeling to come back home. Thanks to give me the oportunity to be here.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:42 AM
Hello people just want to say I am one happy guy having found this wonderful
place, where the people are all friendly and willing to give out good sound
advice. Wish I come across it some time ago. I could have saved on the
head aches LOL. Keep up the good work and I hope I can help someone
in return, One question am I seing things am I right in thinking that
this forum has more female members than males! Not one to complain makes
a change go go ladys. What a great place..

Regards Barry.
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon