RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

A Welcome Note To Newbies

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 07:19 AM

Hi durob and barry!

Enjoy yourselves!
Old 03-08-2005, 08:45 AM

Welcome to all the "new" newbies

Look, try, learn, share, exchange ideas and opinions ... feel at home ....
Old 04-06-2005, 07:34 AM

Hi all…
Another new newbie here . My regular job does not involve photography or Photoshop. They are just my hobbies. I hope to learn from all the gurus here to improve my skill and knowledge in these areas. Thank you. (I keep a photo blog at http://pengsan.fotopages.com)
Old 04-14-2005, 03:48 PM

Smile Hello

Seems like I'm really late... I wonder if anyone is even going to read this.... lol.... Hi... 'stands on chair waving arms' Nice to meet you!
Old 04-24-2005, 02:18 PM

greetings,

just found this site yesterday from a google search on 'retouch'. very nice site and thought i'd say hello :)

the reason for searching google in the first place, was to do a little research on retouching and restoration(r & r). i've recently been doing a number of r & r's for friends and family and have been using paint shop pro (psp) for years. i also recently upgraded my hardware to a better photo quality printer, a negative scanner and a normal flatbed scanner. all of this in preparation for doing a little professional work, part time. i'm currently semi-retired.

so far, (since yesterday) i've done one challenge, the 'back to work' one with the picture in segments. quite fun :) i've also been browsing the site and trying to figure out all the rules, orientations, places to post, and layout. quite an interesting site. i'm still looking for how to get this challenge pic posted somewhere. seems it's one that has been discontinued and i cant seem to find how to log into the member area. so, i'm somewhat assuming that the member area is something a bit other than your normal account thing here on retouchpro. yes, no?

at any rate, thanks for being here. i've a feeling i'll be spending some time here :)

K.

p.s. i just edited this post to include the challenge pic i did... hope this works :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg girl_with_bow-2-k-1i.jpg (33.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Craig Walters; 04-24-2005 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:18 PM

Hi Krazy,

....no wonder you didn't see me waving back.....the distance, maybe, and your hat is covering your eyes!!!

Only kidding, ....

A very warm welcome to RP!!
Old 04-24-2005, 10:18 PM

Hi Kraellin,

A very warm welcome to RP!!!

So glad you found us ... whatever interest or future plans you might have for R&R ... you've surely found the right place!!

You have done quite a nice job on your restoration ...

We usually don't post our work in the 'Welcome Forum' but I know that, finding the right place in this great site, can be very confusing at the beginning....

The 'old challenges' area' can't be updated anymore, still, you can work on all the old challenges and, as far as I know, once you have registered here, you can upload your work in the Members' Galleries ....

This Link will take you to the 'upload' section of the Members' Gallery ... if in doubt, click on the 'Help' button on the top right of the 'RetouchPRO Gallery Image Upload' window for further informations ....

Hope this helps
Old 04-24-2005, 10:53 PM

hi flora,

thanks for the welcome

i found out why i was having trouble with the gallery. i had blocked the cookies from this site yesterday (i always do on new sites) and forgot that i had to re-enable the cookies for this site. so, i can get in and see all now.

as for the attachment in the first post, i can remove it if necessary. call it a greeting card i may post the larger one in the gallery when i get more familiar with things around here.

again, very nice site

K.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:00 PM

ok, being a newbie, i'm entitled to a few of these; i looked at your link to the gallery upload and noted that it's a 200k limit per pic and a 1 meg limit of disk space. that's really nice of you folks! however, i'm curious, what's your policy on posting from another site (one i use to post pics on other forums... see my avatar properties). is there an area in the gallery, perhaps, that allows this? and what about in other threads? and do the smaller 100k pics with thumbnails count towards that 1 meg limit, or is that a separate thing?

K.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:46 AM

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraellin
.... however, i'm curious, what's your policy on posting from another site (one i use to post pics on other forums... see my avatar properties).
"The gallery can't handle links, and you can't post outside pix directly to the forums, but many users have posted links to their sites in the relevant area of the forum. It would be better to attach, since the link will inevitably go dead, rendering the information provided in that thread useless to future readers."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraellin
.... and do the smaller 100k pics with thumbnails count towards that 1 meg limit, or is that a separate thing?
As far as I know, they are separate...
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon