Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

How did YOU get here?

View Poll Results: How did you find RP?
Search Engine 64 44.44%
A friend told me 7 4.86%
Someone posted it on Usenet 9 6.25%
Accident 28 19.44%
Other 36 25.00%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2004, 05:35 PM
I made a left at the overpass... I probably should have turned right but...

I actually found this place due to our friend Bud while looking for one of his great actions.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-10-2004, 07:21 PM
Someone on the NAPP forum refered to this site. Later I saw it in some search so I came here and joined. Good move on my part.

Reply With Quote top
Old 10-20-2004, 03:33 PM
I was actually searching for a different site which I couldn't remember the address to when I found this one. I'm glad I stumbled in here.

Oh, and I'm new. Hi everyone.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-23-2004, 08:30 PM
Welcome Skarsnik

I am here completely by accident. I don't even remember how I stumbled in, but as soon as I found this place, I started digging through old photos so I could get some help retouching them.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2005, 07:10 PM

Someone posted the link on dpreview's Retouching forum.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Endless quest for retouching tutorials.... how I found RetouchPro. I just recently got heavily involved with photo retouching (by heavily involved, I mean OBSESSED). So, when these obsessions come over me, I do hour upon hour of research, note-taking and lots and lots of practice. My progress since just the middle of December is utterly amazing (well, considering my starting point, that is!). I read about a certain technique or I encounter a certain challenge and I simply cannot rest until I've mastered it. Now that I've found the "challenges" here on this site, I'll have new goals to work towards! Having been on countless message boards over the years, regarding countless topics, I must say that the people here are exceedingly friendly and helpful...thanks for that!

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-17-2006, 03:32 PM
I selected search engine, but was not really looking for anything special. Since I am a mod at a design forum and was incharge -still am- of the resources thread I used to use "Stumble upon" a fantastic search engine or portal. I had it set for Art and Graphics Art and on one of the searches appeared RetouchPRO. Started to browse around ... and boom !! love at first sight

Regards - Martha
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-18-2006, 12:00 AM
I arrived here via I think. I work at a small photo lab and find that my desire to work on images isn't really satisfied with just the stuff I get to do at work. I've been dabbling with photoshop for nearly 6 years now and enjoy figuring out new techniques and whatnot and like being able to see what other people do. I like working on pictures - not so much a graphic designer or a filter nut. I'm also not so much a photographer but I did buy a small Sony digital camera about 2 years ago and carry it with me everywhere. I use it a million times more than I ever used the pentax k-1000 that was given to me as a gift many years ago and I think it's mainly because of the instant feedback and near complete control digital gives me compared to film. I didn't take bad pictures with 35mm at all, I just didn't take very many.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Searched for freelance retouching on Goggle - guess that day I was feeling like a starving artist!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-30-2006, 02:32 PM
I was looking for a something like a retouchers community, and retouchpro was almost on top, as I remember. Thanks Google, I like this place.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon