RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Old 01-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Patron

My sister-in-law won some free tickets, but she disdains movie theatres, so my brother took me to see Avatar ealier today. The story line may be repackaged (i.e., cliche'), but overall, the movie with 3D and effects was awesome enough to now me my all time favorite movie. Had to spend $12 for 2 cokes and popcorn (would have been $17, but my bro pitched in $5; lol). Still, well worth the view. I don't really go to movie theatres either (very cheap I am) and it's been a little over 3 years since I last did so. Glad that did this time.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-11-2010, 09:08 PM

Re: Avatar = Wow.

Lyle...great movie...especially in 3D...amazing effects...can't say much for the story...retelling of Phocahantas.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-11-2010, 10:10 PM

It wowed me, too. As to the plot, it played an age old theme of big guy wants something the little guy has...out come the clubs....etc. However, yes, quite amazing. Aside from the incredible 3D effects, I thought Sigorney Weaver was a hoot!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-12-2010, 11:54 PM

it's been breaking all box office records and 'everyone' is vying for a piece of the pie with endorsements/advertising, etc. i dont go to the theatre any more (i get in too many fights with the rude and the crude) but i'll most likely buy it on dvd when it comes out.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-16-2010, 12:15 PM

Haven't seen it yet. I heard the storyline is similar to Pochahontas. What do you think? I loved Pochahontas!

I'm planning to see this movie soon.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Patron

Yes, the storyline will be quite obvious, but still, the 3D world the JC created and the overall realism makes this one a must see imo. Hope you get a chance to see if for yourself and tell us what you think. Go for the 3D option; trust me.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-16-2010, 10:49 PM

An age-old theme with modern nuances done with superb graphics and colors, this movie ranks right up there with all-time favorites. It is a must see and not a kids movie, unless they are in it for the entertainment only.

Janet
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-16-2010, 11:18 PM

I have seen AVATAR 3 times now. Once in 3D. If you only see it once on the big screen, see it in 3D. Way worth the cost of the glasses.

What can I say, other than AVATAR is real bargain @ only $9 to see $300,000,000 dollars worth of eye candy, wrapped in a great story. Graphics come through with flying colors, or should I say flying dragon birds. The one thing that struck me hard was the realism of the computer generated creatures.

The wheel chair bound main character was so greatful to get feeling and use back in his legs and feet on his initial avatar test run. Sometimes we have to loose something before we can fully appreciate what we had.

Aside: Just saw Sherlock Holmes today and was very disappointed with all aspects of this movie. And that comes from someone who has read all the Sherlock Holmes books. The movie stinks! Stay Away!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Patron

At least Robert Downey Jr. can relate to Sherlock Holmes (drug addict). lol

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-17-2010, 07:55 PM

Awww-w-w-w, I was hoping to see Sherlock in the movies. Maybe I'll wait till it's on cable. Just finished reading a novel about old Holmes. In it, he's married to a quick investigative understudy who's 30 yrs his junior. It's set in the old days but as contempory as today. Forgot the author .
I like Robert Downey. Does that mean I can relate to him?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon