RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

New /Old

Old 02-16-2010, 10:28 AM

Question New /Old

I am kind of new and old , lost pass word but was abe to register with new password , I have been on here for about one year , now i am from New York City and shoot People places and events and cityscapes , and I am currently using PSE 6.0 . I do my basic edits cropping resizing color correction and only necessary edits , but i would like to learn compositing more layers etc. I am on a really tight budget right now , and I shoud be more advanced in the art of Retouching . I have worked as a printer , have gone to school and even worked as a photographer shooting catalog products , I have been out of the loop professionally , and I am only doing this now as a hobby , here is a link to see some of my work http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterman/
just thought i reintroduce myself
thanks
will55
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2010, 10:08 PM

Re: New /Old

Glad you got past the login problems. As you know by now there is a lot of good info here at RetouchPro and many people glad to help. Jump right in.

Thanks for introducing yourself. See you on the forums...
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-17-2010, 03:58 PM

Newbie Re: New /Old

Thanks for getting back to me , I see alot of RP tutorials on here , can i use these tutorials for PSE . as that what i am currently using . I am currently using PSE 6.0 , it seems alot of these tutorials are for userss who have Photoshop cs and so on , I would like to upgrade to Photoshop and I am a former user of earlier versions of Photoshop . when i retouch , i just use global edits and basic edits , crop color correction, resizing pse don't even have layer masks so that is issue.
Thanks
will55
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2010, 08:14 AM

Re: New /Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by will55 View Post
Thanks for getting back to me , I see alot of RP tutorials on here , can i use these tutorials for PSE . as that what i am currently using . I am currently using PSE 6.0 , it seems alot of these tutorials are for userss who have Photoshop cs and so on , I would like to upgrade to Photoshop and I am a former user of earlier versions of Photoshop . when i retouch , i just use global edits and basic edits , crop color correction, resizing pse don't even have layer masks so that is issue.
Thanks
will55
While it's true many of the tutorials are based on Photoshop, many can be used with PSE as well. It just depends on the method described.

re: Elements and layer masks
While it's true Elements does not support Layer Masks directly, there is a workaround that allows one to achieve the same results. For "how," here's one tutorial:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pse...layermasks.htm

Try elements layer mask tutorial as a Google search argument to find more information on this workaround.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon