Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Old 05-20-2010, 04:53 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Re: Moving

Craig, I used to live in Pasadena and still get over there occasionally. Never lived in LA proper, rather the IE/909.

So where are those floods? TN? I used to live in Nashville too ('97). Got out just before the tornado struck back then.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-20-2010, 10:13 PM

that's a lot of bags, aartist. mine shldnt be quite that bad... if i stay out of the back room

i watched for a little while, lyle, but it was all glitz and style and no substance, so i quit. and thanks, i'll post some more if you all like em.

the flood pushed the whole deal. i was going to move eventually, but the flood just sealed the deal you got leo in austria? cool. and yes, he did (does) have a good voice. he was also like everyone's dad or granddad. nice guy. no, cant change the frequency of the phones. i just went out and bought three new ones, two normals and one cordless at 5.8 ghz. it doesnt interfere with the router or wireless signal.

small world, plugs. i kinda liked pasadena. good old colorodo blvd the floods were in western kentucky. yes, nashville got hit even harder than us in the same rains, but there rivers dont come our way so we didnt get their water. they got as much as 21 inches in about 36 hours. we got from five to 10, with a lot of that coming from upriver. the resevoirs contain some of that, but not enough. tornados... nasty things, but fascinating. we've had two or three here. one came up the river and mowed the treetops on one side of the river. that one never truly touched down but another one came through one night and it was exactly like folks say, 'it sounds like a freight train coming through', and it did. that one scared me a bit. it was only a half mile away or so and was quite loud. i went out afterwards and lots of trees were down, some power lines and it hit some of the buildings in town, but not badly. but, one report said that it picked up a grainbin full of corn, left the corn right where it was and spread the metal of the bin all over the county. when the guys picked up the corn they said that only a tiny amount of corn was lost. quite odd.

for some reason i keep telling stories about weather we do get some oddball stuff here. we seem to be right at the point where the northern cold coming down over the plains meets the southern, hot and humid air coming up from the gulf. in '97 we had a major flood, what they call a 100 year flood. that one got in my old house a foot or so. no fun!

here's a pic of the 2009 ice storm that wiped out our electricity for two weeks.

so, what weather stories do you all have?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1183-1-k-1rp.jpg (197.9 KB, 8 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-21-2010, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Kraellin View Post
you got leo in austria? cool.
? Not exactly. They're podcasts - downloadable audio MP3 files that anybody can listen to online, on their computer or anywhere you can play an MP3 player. We have a radio jack in the car.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2010, 09:43 AM

Leo LaPorte - video
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2010, 09:43 PM

podcasts. ok. good to see him again. he's got that demeanor like everyone's favorite grandfather. thanks, nasturtium and CJ
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon