Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Library Reminder

Old 05-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Library Reminder

first, thanks to Nasturtium for her recent posts to the links library! very nice sites!

second, the links library is available for most any link you wish to post that is at least somewhat related to this site. i monitor it and accept or reject the links on a regular basis. this is a very valuable resource here on RP for helping to find those sites that may be of interest to all of us. if you're a professional in any of the related fields here on RP you might wish to post a link to your business site. if you're a hobbiest you can still post a link to your site, providing it's related to what RP is all about.

i dont accept just any link to anything or anywhere. i get a lot of requests for links to software sites that are selling computer fix-it type software or keyloggers or recover your data type stuff. i dont accept any more of these. i accepted a few to start, but it got to be such a deluge of these that i no longer take any. and whereas one could argue that these are related to what we do because folks need to recover data and such from time to time, they arent really retouching or restoration or any of the other things we do and because they all had things like 'keylogger' software and 'password breaking' software and i just dont feel comfortable getting into that arena. besides, if that's something you need, a google will find it quickly enough. and, i couldnt really test any of it either so, i'm not inclined to post software links that i have no idea if it's any good or not.

so, do post your site links, other sites related to RP and so on, but forget posting game links, anything with keyloggers or password cracking, warez and other spurious sites. and dont forget the photo art galleries. we love those
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon