RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Mega-Bug.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:51 AM
Patron

Re: Mega-Bug.

Can I say excellent. Just played a round (intentionally lost to here the weee gottch sound; lol). Wow. Music/sound effects fantastic. The maze is much more complicated then the orignal too. Think you got a winner here. Going to share your link to the other board that I shared Megabug on. Just as a side note, this is Open Source, but you are not on Sourceforge's page for whatever reason, but I know other Open Source GPL projects are also not listed at Sourceforge. I know some linux guys who would really like this one too so hopefully someone will compile in for that platform as well. Again thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2011, 07:28 PM

Thanks for the great response to the game! I'm really surprised at all the sites around the world that have grabbed a copy to offer for download. Seems that there are many of us nostalgic Mega-Bug players out there.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Patron

My brother was also an avid player in that time. He's now back from Iraq and I do plan on showing him your cool result when he gets back in town (on a much needed vacation with kids and wife right now). Again, thanks for sharing your gem with me and all. Not sure how many actually played with your version, but I still play it on occasion (admit that I play with photo art a heck of a lot more; lol).
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Patron

Just updating the links to Mocha emulator. Brad (hapless genious himself) changed to a new URL. Below's the link to the Java emulator (Mocha) for the CoCo (I know; very old thread, but like to keep links up to date).

http://www.haplessgenius.com/mocha/
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Patron

Lyle, I am still using my CoCo playing Clowns and Balloons. Was thinking of upgrading a to a PC but that MC6809 Microprocessor in it can do just about anything. I finally got Photoshop 5.0 ported on to it and 3 weeks ago I stared to run a Gaussian Blur filter on a small jpg. It's about 3/4 of the way through, and should be done in another week. It is amzing what you can do with 4 kilobytes of RAM and a 8 bit, 8Mhz CPU.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Patron

When I was in tech school (went to 2 year trade school and got my associates before starting from scratch to get my 4 year degree; lol), the first processor I learned was the 6809. Since the CoCo was my first computer, it was the first processor even before I went to tech school. lol

As a side note, the Mocha emulator has a paint program in it as well; it's pretty cool, but not much better then Win98 Paint. lol

edit:

Forgot that I actually showed a screenshot of the paint program earlier.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon