RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Hello

Old 06-17-2010, 09:50 AM

Hello

I just joined today, thank you. I have a problem that has come up before, I fixed it, but don't remember how I did that...lol. It seems my printer does not want to print correctly. When trying to print greens it only prints the blue. I know it's not the print heads, the printer does fine with the test page, I believe the problem is the communicaiton from computer to printer, but I am at a loss as to how to fix that. Can anyone help me please?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Patron

Re: Hello

Heaven, welcome to Retouch Pro.
There isn't really sufficient info to diagnose your problem. If you are using an ink jet printer, it does not have green ink. Your problem could be with the printer or it could be with your software.
I recommend you run a test print using one of the many available test images such as the one at the link below. Then analyse all of the colors. Are they all off or just one color? Do you have an overall color cast?
http://www.donporter.net/NewSchool/C...est%20file.jpg
OK, I just noticed you started the thread in the Hardware forum. It is likely to recv more exposure there.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-17-2010, 11:38 AM

ty for replying...i have already posted in the other place...sorry, i posted here before going anywhere else. i realize there isn't green ink in the inkjet...what i am saying is it won't print green, it only prints blue...when a test page is printed, the colors are fine, when i try to print from the computer it doesn't print correctly.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Patron

The point I made about the "no green ink" was that if one color is affected, then others will also be. That is why I suggested you print from your computer a test print such as the one I provided the link to. Also, you did not mention which printer you use. Could there be a setting in your print driver that allows you to suppress one of the channels in your RGB image (like Green)?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-17-2010, 08:01 PM

Heaven,

I agree with Murray... not much info here to help you.
Printing only blue means it's not getting any yellow. Printers contain CMY(K) inks, even though they talk RGB.

However, I tend to split my problems in half, then half again, and so on. In your case, go through this thinking process....

1. Printer self test works ?
- Yes, not the printer or cartridges. Go to 2.
- No, likely a cartridge.

2. Do all applications do the same thing ?
- Yes, then it's likely a printer setup issue. Go to 3.
- No, then it's likely an application specific issue. Narrow down which app.

3. Check your printer setup. Made any changes lately ? If you can't recall, most setups have a restore defaults button.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-17-2010, 09:10 PM

thank you both so much for responding...sorry if i came across a bit irritated, i am just tired of this happening. i never reset anything, i didn't change anything, it has just happened twice now out of the blue and at a time i need to use it the most. i have an hp all in one 4100 series. thank you again for responding.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-18-2010, 11:23 AM

We would still need a bit more info to help you.

For example, are you trying to print the same document from multiple app's... then each app gives you the same problem, then it could be the document, or it could be a postscript translation issue... etc.

So, we need to know specifically what you are printing, with what app, etc.... very specific.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon