RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

about msdos

Old 06-22-2002, 08:48 PM

Unhappy about msdos

HEY! first time here. anyway I would like to ask a question I have in dos. why is it that everytime I type debug in the msdos command prompt it just says bad command or file name. Also, everytime I opens the msdos it also says the same thing.
When I also uses ping to a website, I cannot use the f8 command for the prompt to repeat it so I wont have to type it again. SO now I'm left with me to type it again!! Can you pls. help thanks!
Also, do you know of webshots? Is there another site where you can download unlimited pictures of 3d art for your desktop wallpaper? Because webshots allow only 5 per day. How do you also get all the pictures inside a collection of the webshots out to be saved as either jpg or bmp? because I would like to use some of it for my website. Thanks for reading my mail.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-22-2002, 10:35 PM
Janitor

You're going to have to see if debug is in your path. It probably also won't work on it's own, but needs arguments (but that wouldn't affect your current problem).

As for f8, that never worked for me. Some versions would let you cycle through previous commands using the up-arrow.

Can't really help you with the 3d art, but check out renderosity.com

msdos? This is 2002 I hope you're simply talking about the command line within Windows. Anything past Win98 and you're not really talking dos anyway.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-23-2002, 04:36 AM

Sadly the dos problem is beyond me, but you could do worse than goto www.deviantart.com, for any wallpapers that you require
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-23-2002, 08:17 AM

Re: about msdos

Quote:
Originally posted by garfield
Also, do you know of webshots? ... How do you also get all the pictures inside a collection of the webshots out to be saved as either jpg or bmp? because I would like to use some of it for my website. Thanks for reading my mail.
Concerning changing WebShots images into JPEG or BMP files:

"All of the material contained in the Webshots Gallery, the Webshots Daily Photos, and the Webshots Desktop software program may be viewed only on the Webshots Site. You may not copy, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or otherwise transfer any copyrighted material in any format, electronic or otherwise."

-From the WebShots web site
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-24-2002, 01:09 AM

I think m$ stopped including "debug" in ms-dos v3, so it will be a bad command or filename - it's not there.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon