RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Greetings from a newbie :)

Old 09-04-2010, 05:20 PM

Newbie Greetings from a newbie :)

Just thought i would take a second and introduce myself. I just signed up for Retouch Pro, I am really interested in the Tutorials. I am brand new to Photoshop CS5 so I am trying to learn as much as i can. As far as photography goes, well, i am just learning that too. I was recently laid off my job due to the business closing so i currently have alot of time on my hands and i have always been interested in photography, ever since i took a photography class in high school where we took photos in black and white and then learned to develope them. Of course now, i use a digital camera. I dont know if this site is going to be "over my head" or not, i have been around long enough to decide. I am pretty sure that the majority of you are PRO's so hope you dont mind a question or two from a novice
I love the tutorials so i know i will learn alot from them,.
Have a great day to all.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-12-2010, 05:12 PM

Re: Greetings from a newbie :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazinoc View Post
Just thought i would take a second and introduce myself. I just signed up for Retouch Pro, I am really interested in the Tutorials. I am brand new to Photoshop CS5 so I am trying to learn as much as i can. As far as photography goes, well, i am just learning that too. I was recently laid off my job due to the business closing so i currently have alot of time on my hands and i have always been interested in photography, ever since i took a photography class in high school where we took photos in black and white and then learned to develope them. Of course now, i use a digital camera. I dont know if this site is going to be "over my head" or not, i have been around long enough to decide. I am pretty sure that the majority of you are PRO's so hope you dont mind a question or two from a novice
I love the tutorials so i know i will learn alot from them,.
Have a great day to all.
Welcome to RetouchPro, kazinoc !! I think you'll find you're in a good place here. There are a lot of professionals here - retouchers, photographers, graphic artists, etc., but there are also a lot of hobbyists, students trying to learn the skills, new grads trying to get started - a real mix of folks. We pride ourselves on being nice to each other, so newbie questions are allowed. That doesn't mean that you won't run into someone on a bad day, but it does mean that someone else will come along and help if you sincerely are trying to learn something. A lot of knowledge is self-taught, and there are search tools, well laid-out forums with content in specific subject areas (retouching, software questions, hardware questions, photography, etc.).

There isn't any spoon feeding here, but there are lots of resources - tutorials, links to other tutorials, tips in most forum threads - things people have learned and are willing to share with others. So, get comfortable, pop open a cool one, and dig in. When you have a real question that doesn't seem to be answered in the material you've already looked at - find a thread that fits or start a new one with your question or observation. Then give it a little time for someone to notice. Enjoy, learn, and share what you know with others.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon