RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Hello fom CA

Old 09-19-2010, 02:08 PM

Hello fom CA

Hi,

I am new to this community and just wanted to introduce myself. I started photographing as a hobby with film, yes FILM. Then because of life's busy schedule I set my hobby aside. I have recently picked up my hobby again with the digital revolution and I am addicted.

I have taken a couple photoshop classes at the local community college and I love it, can't wait to learn from all the talent here!
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Patron

Re: Hello fom CA

Welcome to RetouchPro! Enjoy your learnings here.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-23-2010, 09:05 PM

Hey Jsojunkie,

I just joined also and I too cut my teeth on film. Still use it, in fact. Imagine that. What part of CA ya from? I lived in SoCal for 24 years, and miss it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2010, 02:29 AM

Well welcome, it seems like this is a really cool forum to learn. Wow, so you still use film that's awesome! I bet you have to get it at a camera shop most places don't carry film at least around here. To be honest I miss shooting in film. With digital I feel like I'm cheating since I can change whatever I want in an image. I'm from San Diego, what part of SoCal where you from?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2010, 12:02 PM

Well, I'm from Houston originally, which is where I'm stuck right now, but when I lived in SoCal, it was in the LA area. Alhambra, Rosemead, and then Whittier. I enjoyed Whittier the most.

Here in Houston, you can still buy film at all the places you used to be able to, but where there used to be a decent selection, now your choices are maybe ISO 200 and ISO 400 print film and that's it. I have to go to a photo shop for slide film or B&W or more interesting print emulsions and especially for 120. Getting the slide film processed is the bigger hassle. My local photo shops sell it but don't take it in for processing. I have to take it to a pro lab for that or else send it out.

One of the reasons why I joined up here is I hope to learn some techniques for improving my processing of scanned and duped film images.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon