Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Howdy from Houston, Texas

Old 09-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Howdy from Houston, Texas

Just joined. I found out about retouchpro from a member over at Shutterstock. He passed along a sharpening tip he'd learned from a tutorial here and strongly recommended I check you guys out -- so here I am.

About me -- I've been involved with photography in a serious way since about 1983 or so, but have only recently gotten into digital photography in a serious way. Kind of got away from photography during the 90s as I got involved with other pursuits. Until Christmas last year, I'd been making due with a couple of P&S digicams, using them for posting images on the web, and my film gear was pulled out mostly for taking snapshots of the family. Then I got my first DSLR and it sort of reawakened my photographic interests -- both digital and film, interestingly enough.

Nowadays I probably shoot as much film as I do digital, and I will probably always be partial to film. But it's hard to argue with the clarity of digital imaging, isn't it? So most of my film output is more nostalgic-oriented stuff, I guess.

I have a copy of Photoshop and also a copy of Paint Shop Pro, which I've used for processing my photos. But I'm just barely scratching the surface with them, cuz what I do is pretty basic. My immediate goal is to develop more skills with PS so I can exploit its capabilities a bit more thoroughly. And that's a big reason why I've signed up here.

Welp, that's about it for now. See ya on the boards.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-23-2010, 07:35 PM
Re: Howdy from Houston, Texas

Michael, welcome to RetouchPro and enjoy your visits here!
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon