Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Hello from NYC!

Old 12-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Cool Hello from NYC!

Hello all,
Newb to Retouch Pro but actually have been retouching here in nyc for about 15 years. As much as I enjoy retouching, I am desperately looking for a career change. Losing all my freelance work to the younger kids coming out of school and all those people in HK and India working for .5 cents an hour. Boo! All my clients have been happy with the work I've done for them but ultimately can't pass up the insane deal they can get from Asia. I haven't looked into how much they actually charge but I'm pretty sure the equivalent is below minimum wage here in the US. I was hoping that clients would not go that route because of the time, cultural and language differences. Those fears kept the overseas retouchers at bay for a while but now seems almost commonplace. Sorry for venting. It's been a frustrating year. Anyways, Hello to all of you. I hope I can help some people out here and also receive some in return.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon