Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Good Evening All

Old 04-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Good Evening All

I am mainly a photo enthusiast. I have been involved in photgraphy since the late 1950s. My first serious retouching was in the 60s when I was asked to copy some fairground folks pictures, I did the reconstruction of the images using water colour paint and a brush I also worked with inks. Computerwise, I have used Corel photopaint since version 4 and although it is not the most sophisticated, I am up to version 12 and this is my program of choice for reconstruction, retouching and spotting.
I also have photoshop 7 but i guess I am a bit long in the tooth and seem to have difficulties in understanding things like layers etc.
My interests have mainly been with technical subjects and I have an extensive library of transport photographs. I had a reasonably sound training,taught photography, some studio technique and B&W darkroom practice at night school and spent over thrity years freelancing in the vintage transport arena. I was kicked into the digi world by my wife for my sixtieth when she gave me a point and shoot. (I have still not mastered it!)
I am looking forward to extending my education by leaning on the guys and gals on this forum, having "lurked" for quite a while and read the very intereting exchanges.

(John )
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon