Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Why I am upset with the July issue of Vogue Paris

Old 05-24-2011, 02:02 AM
Angry Why I am upset with the July issue of Vogue Paris

First of all while being the June / July edition it's the shortest edition yet with only 202 pages. Moving on, the second problem, Emmanuelle Alt, the new editor. She is one of the worst editors of Vogue ever, the magazine has nearly lost all of its class with her inclusions of beauty and makeup advice for women, something that belongs into Elle, not Vogue. Then we have even worse, vulgarity in a magazine which is meant to target the rich, the upper classes and aristocrats; nudity. I am fine with some boobs on an occasional basis but every edition of Vogue since Mrs Alt has had breasts, loads of breasts and now we even have full frontal nudity with bush in the latest edition (page 60). I just find it outrageous to see the world's classiest magazine do such a shift in style. To me french Vogue has lost its class. Sorry, I just had to rant...

Has anyone else read it? Opinions?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon