RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Hello I Am New To This Forum

Old 08-11-2011, 08:56 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist

Hello I Am New To This Forum

This is my first post on RetouchPRO. I am thrilled to have found a forum where fellow retouch artists can share ideas and discuss aesthetic and technical issues. I am the sole proprietor of a company called Top Dog Imaging. I spend lots of time taking pictures of pet dogs and then retouching them. Here is an example: http://topdogimaging.net/blog/australian-cattle-dog. I also restore old photos and documents and do fine art reproduction. I am looking forward to spending time here and making new friends. Best, Bob
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2011, 04:21 PM

Re: Hello I Am New To This Forum

You've already posted in other threads, but we usually offer our Welcome to RetouchPro!! to new members, so here it is - Welcome to RetouchPro, and I enjoy reading your blog and viewing your portfolio of dog photos and related stories.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2011, 04:29 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist

Thanks, CJ. Sorry if I've posted this on a few other threads. I have a quirky memory. I am glad that you enjoy reading my blog. It is a part-time job creating content that is hopefully interesting.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-28-2011, 12:53 PM

Hello and welcome from me too, great dog photo's on your site, look forward to perhaps getting some tips from you, any good with cats ?

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-28-2012, 04:41 PM

I just found this site a few minutes ago. I am new to retouching but am hoping I can find some work with old photos, as I enjoy this very much. Is there a special place for novice retouchers? I know I need to put up a site with some work examples. Have been unemployed a year tomorrow. Was laid off and have been exploring using my creative talents to pull in some income. Glad I found you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-29-2012, 12:36 AM

Welcome, LauraF8 - there is a lot to look at here (tips, tutorials, challenges, contests, forum threads, etc.) - take some time to get familiar with what is here and see how much of it may help you. Many visitors/members are novice retouchers; share what your present level of knowledge/experience is and people will be better able to suggest where you might start. Do you use Photoshop, GIMP, Elements, etc.? - which version? How long have you been thinking about/practicing with/ photos and editing software? Are you ready to do work for pay or need to improve your skills?

One of our original members was an experienced retoucher (even before digital became popular). She doesn't visit much any more, but here is a link to a forum search that lists posts that either relate to her work or contain posts from her (if I did it right)
http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sea...archid=1119561
There are a few high-end retouchers as members - their skill sets may vary from a person who works with families and individuals who want some photos retouched. Take a look around the forums and feel free to ask questions - as this thread has hinted, answers may not come as quickly as they did a few years ago, but if you are persistent, you can find someone who will post an answer. Good luck !

Last edited by CJ Swartz; 07-30-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-30-2012, 07:10 AM

Thanks CJ, I will check out the items you pointed out. I use photoshop CS4 at the moment. I have wanted to work with photos a long time, used to do photopgraphy a long time ago before digital, but only recently learned how to use photoshop (basics). I would love to get good enough to do some freelance work for pay. Thanks again. Laura

Ps the link you posted does not work.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon