Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

What's your skill level? (the new one)

View Poll Results: What's your skill level?
Beginner (still learning the basics) 9 8.65%
Beginner/Intermediate 21 20.19%
Intermediate (learning advanced techniques) 23 22.12%
Intermediate/Advanced 25 24.04%
Advanced (knows most advanced techniques) 19 18.27%
Expert (understands how and why everything works) 7 6.73%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2002, 01:03 PM
Thanks Jeanie. Here is a link to a bigger image. This is my daughters cat Sophie.

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2002, 01:14 PM
hehehe...that's one of the best cat pictures I have seen in some time!

On the question of skill level...I chose "Intermediate/Advanced" because every time I think I am finally becoming an expert, a new version comes out!
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2002, 01:25 PM
Glad you had a bigger version. I thought it was a Furbee.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2002, 05:40 PM
I'll go with intermediate. Still a lot to learn but for what I mainly do I seem to get the job done.

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Like most, I picked intermediate/advanced. Although I use Photoshop daily as a "business tool" there are just too many areas of this deep and broad progam that I have not scratched the surface of. I'd say advanced in the areas of prepress production, intermediate in color in many other aspects and a complete clutz in others.

I'm really not a "retoucher". The thoughts of taking someone's family photos and restoring them have having all those expectations placed on my shoulders is beyond me. I stand amazed at what many people around here can accomplish with photos that seem all but lost! You guys are great!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi everyone,

New to this site. Thought I'd start somewhere. Definitely new to photoshop...recently bought CS2. I'd say I'm an intermediate user of Paintshop Pro. My interests are providing my own unique look to the photos I take which are primarily sports. I'm feel fortunate to have found this site. I find your discussions and posts extremely interesting and educational. In time, I hope I will also become a contributor. John
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-12-2006, 02:20 AM
Advanced User

I've been involved with art, photography, graphic arts and printing for over thirty years although none of these pursuits were part of my primary job functions. I am retired now and can afford to spend the time to become truly proficient with my artistic pursuits.

I am at an advanced level with most of the popular software programs and have reached a point where, if imagine something, i can usually accomplish what I want to do. To me, creating art and working with photos on the computer is like a chef working in a well equipped kitchen. All of the ingredients and tools are right there at your finger tips. When I need something, I just grab it. It is a wonderful feeling and it feeds my passion which is being creative. Over the years I have spent literally thousands of hours learning software programs and it has paid off for me by giving me knowledge of the tools necessary to express my creativity.

Novices should not be put off by the steep learning curve of programs like Photoshop and Painter. With even a little effort and a desire to learn and be creative you can produce remarkable results. Keep trying and learning. READ THE HELP FILE, search the Internet and frequent web sites like RetouchPRO. This is an amazing place to learn.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon