RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Funny little kids

Old 08-16-2002, 08:24 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
When one of the girls was small, she yelled "Mom, Mike hit me back"!

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2002, 08:28 PM

And when one of our boys was about 4 or 5, we were in a store like K-Mart. It was during the time of year when the stores were ready to make their sales pitches for Christmas. It must have been the first day Santa was at the store, and my boy was surprised to see him a few aisles away. He yelled loudly "Santa, what are you doing here?". That brought a few smiles from other shoppers.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2002, 08:46 PM

When my son was in grade school, one of his chores was to bring in the mail. I was at the front door looking out as he was taking the mail out of the box at the street and at the top of his lungs he yelled in absolute excitement "Hey Mom, we just won Ten Million Dollars" Yup, the Publishers Clearing house mailer came and the whole neighborhood heard that one.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2002, 08:57 PM

You have to understand that growing up in the UP there weren't many black people so when my sister in law took her 3 year old daughter to a grocery store on a visit down state it was an opportunity waiting to happen. She was in an aisle and pushed her cart with her daughter next to a little black girl sitting in another cart while the mothers searched the shelves. Well, my neice took one look at that little girl and blurted out "Little girl, you have a dirty face! You better wash your face or your mommy will spank you!" My sister in law was absolutely mortified and looked helplessly at the other mother who just smiled at her knowingly. Kids are soooo honest sometimes.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2002, 09:21 PM

A little too honest sometimes. Now, what did you do with all the money?

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2002, 09:37 PM

When my son was small, there were very few black people where we lived and I'm sure he had never seen one - there were not many on TV either at that time.

One day during a severe snow storm, I had to get downtown to a doctor's appointment so with my son in my arms I headed for the bus stop - the snow was so deep, the buses couldn't get through, but a black man in a truck came along and offered to drive us to our appointment.

Along the way, the man had to stop for an errand of his own and as soon as he was out of the truck, my son turned to me and said, "Mommy, is that a monkey?" I was aghast!! What kind of ideas was I allowing my son to form?

I quickly hushed him and explained about different colored skin, hoping that he would be quiet until we got to our destination.

"No," he exclaimed, "not the man. I mean that," he pointed to the stuffed animal (a monkey) hanging from the rear-view mirror.

Needless to say, I was speechless and did a whole lot of soul-searching about my own feelings about color. I learned an important life lesson from my son that day.

Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2002, 09:38 PM

when my son was about 6 we were in a large shopping centre at the top of the escalators. We were on our way to meet his grandmother when he spotted her on the floor below. At the top of his little voice he called out "Nanna" and about 50 old ladies turned around. It was so funny.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2002, 10:07 PM

Hey, I'm beginning to think this thread tops the Chuckle of the Day. I just love visiting these adoreable but hilarious stories. I have been sitting her laughing my head off.

Ed
I wish!!!
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2002, 11:56 PM

I have another one from my eldest son. We were in Kmart and he got seperated from us, he was about 8. SO he went straight to the service desk to have us paged. I was running around searching for him when over the load speaker came.. "We have a lost young man here by the name of Paul, would his" then it stopped and re-started "We have a young man named Paul here who's parents are lost, would they please come to the service desk so that he can take them home, thank you." He objected to them saying he was the one who was lost, he knew exactly where he was and it was us who were lost. lol
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-17-2002, 11:33 AM

We were passing a Dairy Queen, and there was a sign advertising a sale on Brazier Burgers. My son said "Hey look! They have brassiere burgers"!

Ed
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon