RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Funny little kids

Old 08-14-2002, 04:39 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Funny little kids

Little kids come up with some really funny things. If you have one you'd like to share please do.

I have a four year old grand daughter, who is small for her age. But she uses words like an adult. She likes to listen to her dad's CDs of Stevie Ray Vaughn. The other day, she was in a store with her mother, and there was music playing on the speaker system. She said "Listen Mom....Stevie Ray". Her mother said she didn't think that was Stevie Ray. My grand daughter said "It most certainly is!". And of course, she was right.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2002, 10:44 PM

Hi Ed,
That is so cute. Yes they sure can surprise you sometimes. Off hand the cutest story I can recall is when my nephew was about 3 years old. (He just got married last weekend) He was on the back patio and we could hear him stomping his foot repeatedly and each time yelling "some bits" which was toddler for SOB. That got our attention immediately so we all went to see what he was doing besides swearing. My sister in law asks him what he's doing and he says "I'm stomping the bugs" Noticing a large area of squashed bugs, my sister in law asks "Michael, why did you kill all those bugs?" He replys "I didn't kill those bugs Mommy, I just stepped on the and they died by themselves."

You know this thread reminds me of the old Art Linkletter show Kids Say the Darndest Things. I loved that show. It was so hillarious. Saw a rerun the other day of Bill Cosby's remake of it and still laughed at the things kids say.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2002, 11:20 PM

Really cute stories! I love those funny things kids do.

I don't have any kids myself, but I have a little niece (Séfora) who is just adorable, and the apple of all of our eyes. She just turned 2 last month, and about a year ago my sis sent me this little story about her "exploits"....

Andrew [my brother-in-law] likes to wrestle with her. Sometimes he pins her down and hits his hand on the floor three times, 'cause he's the winner. Then he rolls her around for a while, and puts her on his tummy, and taps her little hand on the floor three times, 'cause she's the winner. She really likes this game.

So the other day, she's playing with her Winnie the Pooh bear and she's cuddling him, and making that cute "hugging" sound
that all of our family makes (ah-AH-ah-AH-ahh), when all of a sudden, she flips him over on his back and jumps on top of him, and starts pounding her hand on the floor! Then she kind of sits back and raises her hands to set him free, and looks up smiling at everyone, 'cause she's the winner! I thought I would die laughing! Too bad we had just turned off the video camera.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2002, 11:47 PM

many years ago when my son was small. I think he was about 3. I can remember him getting his little stool and asking me to turn the kitchen tap on for him so that he could wash his hands. After doing it I priased him for being such a good boy when is reply had me in hysterics. he said "I'm waiting to go to the toilet but Nanna's in there so I thought I would wash my hands first to save time." He knew if he went to the toilet he had to wash his hands but didn't know why.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2002, 12:03 PM

My Aunt told me a story about when her 3 children were very young and she was sick in bed. They had eagerly volunteered to become her nurses during her recovery. So she gave them small tasks to do for her such as fill her a glass with water to wash down her pills. As they looked on at her beaming with pride for their job well done, she washed down the first pill and a horrible thought occured to her. Knowing they would have had to get a stool to reach the sink she started to wonder just where the water came from. To her horror they said "We got it from the toilet, but don't worry cause we flushed it first."
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2002, 12:32 PM

My friend Donna divorced when their son was about 2 years old. It was a fairly amicable divorce, but through circumstances beyond everyone's control, the ex didn't see much of his son.

When the boy was about 4, Donna and her son standing in line at a cash register and not paying much attention to who was around them.

Imagine her surprise and embarrassment when the little tyke blurted out, "I know who you are, you're my Daddy."

Donna turned around and there in line behind them was her ex-husband.

Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2002, 02:44 PM

This has turned into a pretty good thread. Here's another one:

When our kids were small, we always made it a point to go on vacation each year. It was always a camping vacation. One year we went to the Great Smokie Mountain Nat'l. Park. It was so crowded, that we were put in an overflow area. Campers were packed on top of each other. I think we stayed for about 5 days. Our oldest boy was young, but old enough to know what a cemetary was. When we were a few miles from home, we passed a cemetary, where they were getting ready for a funeral. They had a tent like structure erected by the burial plot. When my boy saw that, he said "Hey look! They're even campling in the cemetary now!" I sent this one in to the Reader's Digest, and they printed it. I think I got $25.00 for it.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2002, 01:30 AM

Ha Ed you've been caught out: copyright infringement

Quote:
I sent this one in to the Reader's Digest, and they printed it. I think I got $25.00 for it
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2002, 09:31 AM

Oh NO!

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2002, 01:55 PM

When my son turned six last October the first question he asked us was...

"Mom & Dad since I am six now, can I be grounded instead of being put in time out when I'm bad?"

He is growing up too quick!

Carl
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon