Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Graphics terminology frustrations

Old 12-17-2012, 02:35 AM
Graphics terminology frustrations

I work in a small design and artwork studio – we're effectively a "satellite" office – within the British HQ of large corporate.
We are constantly battling with terminology – essentially Marketeers who are requesting items, but they don't know what they are asking for.

If I could have a pound (or Euro / Dollar / AU$ or Yen – insert currency of choice) for every time that I was asked to supply a high resolution vectorised artwork – then, well, I could probably solve the sovereign debts of quite a few impoverised nations.

I am going to make it my Christmas project to produce a "crib sheet" that explains all – on a single A4 sheet (I know how to party!). Can anyone point me in the direction of any existing material that I can use as a "starter".

I want to explain the differences between vectorised artworks and why this isn't resolution dependent and bitmap images and so on.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon