Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Cats vs. Dogs

View Poll Results: Dog or Cat?
Dogs 42 57.53%
Cats 31 42.47%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Janet thankfully no sugar and no problems at the moment ! So havent confessed to other half as i know it would of been my fault for putting the coffee there, while the real culprit is curled up fast asleep again

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-10-2006, 07:37 PM
I am definitly not a cat lover! They are a feral menace here, I care for orphaned and injured birds many of which were victims of cat attacks. Often I wish that similar council restrictions over here that apply to dogs were also applied to cats. Needless to say I have a fondness for birds and have 3 pet doves (one of which is currently taking a nap in my lap) They are my babies
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Littlecoo.jpg (98.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Bianca&babyShilo.jpg (97.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Shilo.jpg (97.3 KB, 7 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-11-2006, 12:25 AM
bloody cats

Yeah cats are great predators and do enjoy the hunting and killing, its in their nature. I was working in the garage this afternoon and there was a young bird scratching around on the drive when it was taken by a cat and although I chased it I could not get to it before it disappeared so I am a bit sad tonight.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Dogs Rule!

AS you might guess from my avitar, I am a definite dog person - although I like all animals, some just seem like dumb ideas for pets.

That picture is Franklin my 2 1/2 year old Portuguese Water Dog. This dog is my constant companian - right now he's sleeping under the desk with his chin on my foot.

On August 5, 2006 Franklin jumped into the water from my boat to save my life when I ran out of breath too far from the boat. REALLY! He swam 50 yrds in record time to get to me when he has never swam more than 50-60 ft at a time before this. He has NEVER voluntarily jumped out of the boat before because he can't see a way out of the water. The ONLY reason that I don't say that he DID save my life is because I had reached a sandbar and was standing on the bottom when he reached me. Otherwise, I might not be here.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Re: Cats vs. Dogs

i prefer cats --they have their own mind --they walk themselves ,clean up after themselves ,thus removing the threat of a £1000 fine --have you ever heard of a cat owner getting caught for their cat fowling the footpath/sidewalk?--yeh prove its mine !!!(as the cat leaps into your arms) --lol
Cats are beligerent ,know how to get what they want ,and they mysteriosly appear from nowhere with gifts ,--"its alright owner i kept this one alive just for you"--and cat food is cheaper --
Newbie Rich XX
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Re: Dogs Rule!

Originally Posted by blue dog
...On August 5, 2006 Franklin jumped into the water from my boat to save my life when I ran out of breath too far from the boat....
That IS fantastic! You hear stories about dogs saving someone, but it must be great to know that YOUR dog wanted to save YOU. I'm not sure that either of mine would try, but I hope never to find out, either.

Gulp Friction -- I have both cats and dogs, and I think sometimes when I'm out with the dogs (walking them in the cold, picking up their dooty, waiting for them to get thru sniffing some other dog's dooty) that I wish they were more like my cats. Truth is, I like both cats' personality quirks and dogs' personality quirks.

As for cat dooty -- some years ago, I was visiting a neighbor who also had cats, but said she was having to clean up the backyard from other people's cats as well. I told her that I was glad that my cats didn't dirty her yard. Two minutes later, one of my cats started digging in her yard and proved me wrong...

Last edited by CJ Swartz; 01-24-2007 at 10:06 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Re: Cats vs. Dogs

Cats rule and dogs drool I have 4 cats at the moment and a dog.
I prefer cats because they can stay indoors . I have a dog because my brother in law died and the dog had nowhere to go so ended up with hubby and me. I once had 3 dogs and 9 cats at one time . No my house did not stink of cat litter even tho all the cats were indoors. I am meticulous about keeping the litter boxes clean.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon