RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

giza pyramid intrigue

Old 09-18-2002, 04:24 PM

Pyramids

Hi Chris,

Not sure I know what you are asking. There are lots of theories how they were built ranging from aliens to slaves dragging the massive stones across the sand. Some people believe that sound was used, some believe pulleys, some huge ramps used to drag the stones then taken down when it was done, others the tree logs with the stones rolled on them. Lots of theories but for all the recording that the Egyptians have done they have not found any recording so far of how it was done.

There are lots of examples of this around the world. In South America arches were built with stones weight several tons. No clue as to how the "primatives" got those darn cap stones up there.

There was a man in Florida who built a park made of stone. He worked alone, in secrecy. He opened his park to the public, but when he worked he demanded secrecy. He said he found the secrets of the pyramid builders, and from what people have been able to figure out it had to do with running electric current thru the rocks and then using pulleys to move them.

Here is a link to it:

http://www.coralcastle.com/

Fascinates me.

Hugs,
Claudia
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2002, 05:29 PM

Wait a second....someone explain to me why National Geographic is associating themselves with Edgar Cayce followers...or was that just something thrown together by FOX? In my opinion, that just kills any scientific credibility they might have had.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2002, 06:17 PM

Pyramids

Why National Geographic would do that I don't know. Why they would affiliate with Fox when they have their own network I don't know, or why they would choose Fox over PBS I don't know, but we can sure guess huh? But we can guess it has to do with money and funding and things like that.

Mark Lehner has great "legitimate" credentials but he also makes no bones about saying that his interest in Egypt began thru the Edgar Cayce's teachings, so I don't think I am propagating a rumor started by Hancock at his lectures.

Don't get me wrong. I love Edgar Cayce and believe there is more to our history than we know. What I worry about is that the information may never make it to the public, and it needs to be public. We need to be able to make our own decisions about these things. Were Cayce alive I believe he would want the information available to anyone who wants it. Not just the rich and not just the fearful with an agenda of their own. That is not what Cayce was about. He was an amazing man.

Gosh.

Claudia
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2002, 06:45 PM

I watched the final part of the pyramid 'soap' opera. It was screened over here as a National Geographic production.

The programme was broadcast in approx 10 minute sections with about 5 minute gaps when nothing was transmitted just a notice saying the broadcast would re-commence shortly. Never seen a program in this format over here before, I'm wondering if US viewers got advertisements in these regular gaps.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2002, 07:00 PM

I did some research into Lehner and he seems to have rejected much of the Cayce nonsense...I guess the other archaeologists were laughed at him. IMHO Cayce was a fraud....but if California ever falls into the sea, the poles reverse themselves and Atlantis decides to make a encore presentation, I'll gladly eat those words...
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2002, 07:02 PM

Chris,
On the promos for the show here it said that it would be on FOX as a live special and then shown later in the week on the new National Geographic Cable channel. What the tie in was is a mystery to me. Probably some type of corporate affliation I would guess. Anyway, there were alot of commercials. We get quite a few channels in my community but not National Geographic...one of my favorites is A&E which has some really interesting programs.
Also love the sitcoms on PBS-particularly "Keeping Up Appearences" and some of the Masterpiece Theatre presentations.Some excellent shows come to us from across the pond. The originality and quality of the acting is what makes them so good.
Paulette
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2002, 07:19 PM

Pyramids

Hi Greg,

Yeah, I don't think my beautiful home state is going to fall in the ocean anytime soon, but Cayce was a healing mofo who helped an awful lot of people.

Just in case I will set you a place at the dinner table...

Hugs,
Claudia

Oh and PS...polar shifts are not unheard of.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2002, 10:13 PM

I found a statement by Dr Hawass dismissing Cayce opinions
Quote:
On August 21 I will give a talk at the Cayce Foundation on my discoveries at Giza. I hope that after all these lectures and TV appearances that people can understand that what Cayce said about ancient Egypt is a myth. The Arabs from the 9th century talked about this legend and psychics like Cayce and others have brought this myth back. I found that the public need to hear the evidence that we discovered, and all the archaeological records as an answer to the question of who built the pyramids. [Dr. Zahi Hawass Director of the Giza Pyramids and Saqqara
Guess this is why Fox televises the Nat. Geog. shows also --
Based at National Geographic Society headquarters in Washington, D.C., the National Geographic Channel is a partnership between National Geographic Television and Fox Cable Networks Group.

Last edited by CJ Swartz; 09-19-2002 at 01:30 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2002, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CJ Swartz
...the National Geographic Channel is a partnership between National Geographic Television and Fox Cable Networks Group.
So, they made a deal with the devil! On next week- "Who wants to marry a National Geographic Photographer!"
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2002, 10:30 AM

I can recieve three of the US news channels via satellite and the Fox channel is pretty dire much of the time screening messages of praise from viewers !

Paulette I didnt realise 'Keeping up Appearances' had reached your shores, its always being repeated over here. If you like that you might look out for 'Absolutely Fabulous' which is very funny.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon