RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

giza pyramid intrigue

Old 09-19-2002, 06:11 PM

HELP!! Now you've got me digging around in Chinese pyramid sites and I found a site that predicts that the whole crust of the earth will shift next year - what will happen to us all. Helpfully, they provide a list of safe locations that we can all go to.

Maybe we should plan a "RetouchPro" convention at one of those places.

Take care, Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2002, 06:28 PM

Didn't Cayce predict something like that for the year 2000? Polar shift or crust shift? I should be safe at 7000 ft above sea level...provided the local extinct volcano does not go crazy.

CJ - "One Foot In The Grave" is pretty funny. I recall one episode that took place entirely in a car...sounds boring but is was pretty funny and was certainly not something you would see from an American sitcom. Of course not all BBC shows are so great...I submit "Teletubbies" into evidence!
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2002, 06:38 PM

Sure have some kindred souls here!I think it's great that its
expanding in many diverse directions.Anxious to take a look at the coral castle and the chinese horses. Re the interest of many people in a fascination with the unknown, from my point of view, what it comes down to is the need to believe in something to make sense of why we're here. A few years ago I heard the author of the book " When Bad Things Happen To Good People" speak. What I remember him saying is that there will most likely never be explanations for so many things in life. Unless we want to drive around with a bumper sticker on our car reading" Life's a beach(sp)and then you die" we each have to come up with our own answers. For some folks , the answers are found in their religions and for others life is a continuous search to find meaning and purpose. In many ways that may be why our art and photography give us so much satisfaction. We're creating and exploring-and as a poster on another thread said-we're playing and having fun with what we're doing.
Paulette
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2002, 08:31 PM

Margaret -- I'd never heard of this before, but found some comforting news regarding "pole shifts", I think we're in the clear --Author refutes pole shift

"When John White first published "Pole Shift" in 1980, his book sent re-affirming shocks waves through the earth changes community. Many earth change believers (including this reporter) believed White's book "proved" that Edgar Cayce, and a host of other psychics, had correctly foreseen a global catastrophe that would destroy much of the planet along with major portions of the human race. White's book was particularly powerful because it was written by a man with serious professional credentials and, perhaps more importantly, because it seamlessly wed modern scientific data with contemporary psychics and ancient myths and prophecies. While White refused to say in "Pole Shift" that he was absolutely certain that a pole shift was coming, he left no doubt that he thought one might strike sometime near the year 2000.

Now, however, White has publicly said that he doesn't believe there is going to be a pole shift -- at least the kind of cataclysmic variety envisioned by Cayce, Gordon-Michael Scallion, and others. And while "Pole Shift" is still selling like hot cakes (it is presently being published by the A.R.E., Edgar Cayce's organization), the 1995 edition now contains an epilogue that discusses why a pole shift WON'T be visiting planet Earth anytime soon. White also challenged the themes championed in "Pole Shift" in another book of his published in 1990, "The Meeting of Science and Spirit." In that book he writes, "On the basis of a decade's hindsight, I think that the possibility of a catastrophic pole shift at the end of this century is increasingly unlikely. To be more precise, I do not think a pole shift will occur as predicted."
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2002, 09:15 PM

Very interesting CJ - I had to abandon my search this evening so I could pursue other interests, but I will follow up on what you've said.

Paulette - I agree with what you said. In my own life, I've had many times of intense personal drama and confusion. During those times, I've been most interested in the larger riddles of the world - as if finding meaning in them might help me to unravel some of the turmoil in my own circumstances. On the other hand, during times of peace and calm, I've had little interest in anything beyond my own circle.

I feel I'm in the middle of a huge transition - recently had to quit my job, retirement is not what I had hoped it would be, having to make decisions that will affect the rest of my life - and here I am researching ancient secrets.

Interesting. I just put that together as I was writing it. As Oprah would say, I think I just had an "AHAH" moment.

This discussion has been interesting - not much to do with retouching, but at least in my case, it helped clarify something I've been struggling with.

Take care, Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2002, 10:04 PM

What I want to know is, is there any real scientific basis for this "pole shift" idea? Sounds hokey to me...but if someone can point me to a reputable scientific paper on the subject I would love to read about it. There is one catastrophic natural disaster that is very real and could happen in our lives...asteroid impact. Before you laugh, realize that the odds of it happening are far greater than most people realize. scary stuff...

Margaret - It's funny that you mention times of turmoil as being times when you are most interested in the "larger riddles of the world"...I seem to create my best art when I'm in a state of personal (or financial!) confusion. There must be some correlation between creativity and personal risk/drama- when things are easy and calm, the mind does not seem to jump to that extra level as it does when things are not so calm!
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2002, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by G. Couch
There must be some correlation between creativity and personal risk/drama- when things are easy and calm, the mind does not seem to jump to that extra level as it does when things are not so calm!
I think you might be right - when I was deep in conflict at work and in my personal life, I could write like crazy. I produced some really good stuff (not published, but still good ) and I kept thinking that if I could ever get my life under control, I could settle down and be a great writer.

Well, things fell into place, all the conflict was gone, but did I write? No, I would put pen to paper and nothing would happen - all the ideas flitted away and I couldn't recapture them.

Now that I have some conflict again, the urge to write is coming back and I'm at least able to pour some energy onto the page in the form of a daily journal.

I shudder to think that in order to be creative I would have to live in turmoil the rest of my life....

Take care, Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-20-2002, 12:24 AM

Earth crust displacement

http://www.flem-ath.com/e-h.htm

Hi Everyone,

The above link may interest you. Apparently there was a correspondence between Einstein and Charles Hapgood regarding the earth crust displacement idea. Einstein told his fellow scientists to pay attention to Hapgood and his theories.

I will keep looking but I think it is an accepted concept that a pole shift has happened in the past at least once and is used to explain the tropical foliage and mammoth remains found in the arctic.

Claudia
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-20-2002, 02:06 AM

...But you could explain tropical foliage in the Arctic as simply evidence of very slow continental drift ...or past global warming. A catastrophic "polar shift" seems like a pretty extreme explanation when more plausible theories exist.

Also, that site seems to be using Einstein as it's proof! Just because Einstein agreed with the theory does not make it true...after all, he mistakenly argued against the existence of black holes.

...I'm still a skeptic
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-20-2002, 02:19 AM

Polar Shift

Yeah well ok, I give up. I get too caught up in taking debates personally so I will shut up until the subject goes back to normal things.

Claudia
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon