RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Photography

Old 11-03-2002, 07:53 AM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Thanks for the info Jak. I've push processed B&W and E-6 films, but I never tried color negative films. Good to know.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2003, 01:18 PM

Dave I was just wondering if you managed any photography with the Pentax or are you still ploughing through the manuals !!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2003, 04:27 PM

Hey Chris,

well I read up a bit on the manuals, replaced the dead battery and everything put in a roll of film to test it out, but it didn't actually work, so for now I'm still using a regular point and shoot camera (I found a cheap used Pentax 38-60mm zoom camera). I did get a bit of practice shooting some pics when I went for a bit of a vacation two weeks ago to some nice falls in the southern end of my province. I'll try to post some of them in the gallery when I've got my new system built up (I'm using my Linux server right now as an interim system for email and everything - I'm not going to try to hook up my scanner though, too much of a pain to configure in Linux..) anyway, I've pretty much given up on trying to get an SLR, I'm spending all my money on new computer parts and other things (well, mostly computer parts!)

- David

P.S. Happy Canada Day to all you Canadians on here!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2003, 05:12 PM

Won't that Pentax work in manual mode? Forget all this high end computer stuff and get snapping!

ditto "and other things" Assuming you mean the young ladies of Edmonton cast them aside women are fatal when it comes to creating 'art'

Last edited by chris h; 07-01-2003 at 05:18 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2003, 05:30 PM

Well actually I tried everything I could think of with the camera and couldn't get it to work, I may try taking it in to a camera shop to see if they can convince it to work for me though.
lol, actually by "other things" I was just referring to bills, i.e. my dsl line, sattelite tv, cell phone.. nothing particularly exciting!

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2003, 06:26 PM

Funny you should mention ADSL it actually been activated in my rural village so should be bidding pop3 farewell on the 8th July !
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-02-2003, 12:05 AM

nice! I do have to warn you though, once you try it you'll never be able to go back to dial up again, any time I'm forced to use it now I'm always suprised by how incredibly slow it is when compared to broadband.

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-02-2003, 03:50 AM

Thats the general view of everybody I think Dave. ADSL has been slow to appear outside of the cities here which made it all the more surprising when I got the news here. There are some large offices nearby which I thought might have speeded the arrival of ADSL but they probably had their own private data links anyway.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon