RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Long live the biginer

Old 11-15-2016, 12:27 PM

Long live the biginer

Hello everyone,

I am a very very biginer at photo restoration and i found your site doing some researsh. I think it 's a great site, specially for people like me who needs all the information they can get to improve there skills.

I'm from Québec in Canada (that explain the big accent).

i saw that you have photos that we can practice on. This is great.
i realy love old black & white photos, and the idea of bringing them back to life is a wonderfull feeling.

Maybe one day I will be good enough to restore a photo from a post on this forum.

thank you all
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2016, 02:07 PM
Patron

Re: Long live the biginer

Dedcabong, Welcome to RetouchPRO
Hope you enjoy your stay here and make lots of friends.
Poke around, have fun!

RetouchPRO is a place for help, with abundant offerings of knowledge, opinions, or just interesting thoughts, We are a remarkably troll-free and welcoming group.

When you post your work, post how you did it. or, post stages of your work. there's nothing like a picture sequence to show how a thing progressed to the final stage.

Each post helps thousands of future users, not just you.

Just one thing to help the forum... If you use Photoshop you can post fairly large pictures which are under 100k using the 'save for web' function in Photoshop as described in this thread:
(Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images..)
The save for web function in the latest Photoshop is hidden under File>Export>Save for web (legacy)

This thread explains (How to attach Files/Images to your Posts or Threads )

If you want to post a larger resolution that is over 100K then you can host your image elsewhere and attach a link in the thread, but also, always please attach an under 100K version (so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links). (link to the highest resolution.. or the largest size you can upload)

If you become a "Patron" You can attach files up to 1MB to any post, You won't see any ads on the site, There's a private forum just for Patrons, You can display an automatic signature under your posts, Your posts will clearly identify you as a Patron, so everyone knows of your generous support.

Don't forget to check out the Tutorial Section if you need help with something in particular or start a new thread and just ask.

Another excellent resource for pictures to work on is our Library of Congress.. Try a search phrase like tintype or photos or develop your own search terms.

Welcome aboard !
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-17-2016, 05:03 PM

Re: Long live the biginer

thank you Olbaldy,

I will certainly spend a lot of time on this site. there is a lot for me to look for and a lot to learn.

Thank again.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon