RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Tomato or Tomatoe

Old 08-20-2001, 10:26 PM
Janitor

Ah, I see you DO have them
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-20-2001, 10:30 PM

Actually, they're not here---yet. The -30 and -40f winter temps keep 'em at bay. However they were "living the good life" in the area we moved here from. Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-20-2001, 10:33 PM

Here's a good one about Racoons. We went camping and to keep the raccoons out of the food we put it in our vehicle. During the middle of the night the noise got so loud and terrible we really wondered what we got ourselves into. Around 5am we finally got up the courage to go out and see. I told my husband "I think I just saw something flying through our car" OH Yeah!! He put all our food for the week in the car for safe cleaning but left the drivers window open. We had major interior damage. Little chocolate foot prints all over the car from the chocolate they got into. They wiped out our intire food supply. We learned our lesson. Next time we went camping it was our friends who go hit. I noticed what I thought was a bagel flying out of the tree in thier campsite. Of course everyone thought I had too many beers. When we went to investigate, the cooler lid pops up and there's a raccoon inside the cooler having a feast. Funnier than that, is that he is also passing food to a squirrel outside the cooler. I never saw anything like it. The other squirrels were in the tree finishing off a bag of bagels. They are about the most intelligent things I ever encountered. After witnessing that I say Tom, your tomatos are done for.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-20-2001, 10:53 PM

EXACTLY!!! Although with all the tomato's they will probably steal, I wonder where they get the garlic and pasta? They cant just eat that many plain tomato's.Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2001, 08:35 AM

Knowing how smart those darn things are, I'd watch them. Maybe they will show you how to make a good pasta sauce.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2001, 12:32 PM

You think that you have it rough with tomatoes. The squirrels here in Florida( who incidentally are very skinny-they have no need to store fat I've been told) will take sample bites out of the avocados to see if they are ready to eat and then just leave them. This of course ruins the avocado. They'll do the same with the bananas.Do you know that they actually sell squirrel food in Walmarts down here so that ( I suppose) the squirrels eat the squirrel stuff and leave the people food alone.I haven't tried that yet.Up in Long Island( NY) it used to be the deer and bunnies who were the problems.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2001, 12:51 PM

I'll bet the critters start the "buffet" with a squirrel food appetizer then move on to sample the fruit tray!!! What a rough life. Please brier fox dont throw me in the briar patch!! Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2001, 03:08 PM

I guess you kind of have to look at it like this. This world was their home first. Then if that's not bad enough, we just plow down thier homes and food supply and the next thing you know there's a nice parking lot. Pesty as they are, you just can't blame them. Providing food may work against you though. My Aunt encouraged the deer until the populations soared and then they were eating her gardens, apples from the trees and you name it. It's not easy to out fox them either. They've had many eons to perfect their foraging techniques. I guess that's the price we pay for stealing from them to begin with.
DJ
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon