RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Making music files

Old 03-05-2003, 06:44 PM

Just a thought, have you looked at the software included with scanners and printers etc.?? I know I had several copies of Ulead that came with scanners etc. - I don't know if it was the full package but they're sadly out of date in any case.

You could probably get a scanner for$59 and if it has Ulead in the box, you're ahead of the game.

Take care, Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2003, 08:07 PM

I have the full version of the Ulead software you are talking about. It's called DVD Picture Show and it works great , especially their new version 2. It will create a VCD from your photo's, with music in the background and even transitions between photos.
Most DVD players will also play VCD's.

Ken
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2003, 08:38 AM

Ken

Yes that's the software that had been referred to.I'm going to give it a try-looks like the best bet! By the way, I never heard of or used Ulead software. Is it pretty reliable as far as you know?

Margaret-thanks for that tip. Will consider it when I buy a new scanner and/or printer. Just got a new digital camera -a CanonS45- to play with. Really happy with it. It was one of the techs at Canon thaty I spoke with who mentioned that he was trying out the Ulead software.

Paulette
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2003, 05:14 PM

I have several Ulead programs and they are all top notch, in my opinnon.

Ken
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-29-2004, 07:59 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Time to revive this thread. Has anyone found anything new that works well?

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-02-2004, 02:41 PM

Hi

Finally making some progress with my slide show project. Here is what I am doing right now. I am using Movie Maker2 which is a free download from Microsoft and because I have Digital Media Edition Plus( I got it when I got my new Dell) I have some extra effects. I really like the fade in and fade out which give the so-called " Ken Burns" effect. I use photoshop to make up any graphics and/or text images that I want to incorporate. Also, I've made a collection of particular songs from my CD's which I then save to my hard drive to use in my shows. I don't download any music from the internet.To me it's not worth the aggravation of dealing with some of the music sites.

After I make up my show, I use the Save Movie Wizard and when I get the window which says " Movie Setting" I highlight the button which says " Other settings" and save it as a AVI file. This step is important if you want to burn it for use in a DVD with your TV because Movie Maker 2 by default will save it as a WMV file which is only viewable on a computer which has Windows Media player installed.

To burn the slide show, I use MySonic4.5 which came with my computer. I have made both VCD's and DVD's but the VCD's can be problematic because some DVD players can't read them. I have an inexpensive Apex DVD player which plays them just fine but a friend has a much more expensive Sony player and hers can't. I may get the new upgrade of My Sonic but I'm holding off because some of the forums are reporting bugs. I got Nero 6 a little time back for that purpose and I had so many conflicts with it that I removed it.

Anyway, If anyone is interested in going this route I'd recommend looking into a book Called Windows Movie Maker 2 Zero to Hero. It really taught me everything I needed to know. There are also a few websites with forums dealing with MM2 which are helpful.

This is working well for me right now but I'm always open to new ideas!

Paulette

PS Broke down and turned on the AC today. Into hiberation until the Fall now!

Last edited by paulette conlan; 05-03-2004 at 01:26 PM. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-08-2004, 07:23 AM

Exporting WMM2 to Digital Video Camera & more help needed

I created my movie in Windows MovieMaker2 and saved it.
It saved fine, I viewed in Windows Media player - everything looked and sounded great. Images were sharp, music was lined up correctly.

I burned the movie onto a CD and can play it on my computer in Windows Media Player fine.

I tried to burn it to DVD using Sonic MyDVD and it did burn, however the music is no longer matched up with the images as it was when I created it.

**I will try saving it as an AVI as suggested.

I tried exporting the movie to my Sony Digital Video Camera and it doesn't export onto the camera.

**HOW can I do this. I'm not sure why it's not working.

This is an end of the year season highlight slide show which needs to be presented in two days.

Your help is MOST appreciated!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon