Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

The Birth of a Butterfly

Old 08-25-2001, 01:14 PM
Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
The Birth of a Butterfly

My wife and I will be married for 44 years on Dec. 28, 2001. She has always urged me to
get rid of things that I haven’t used for a length of time. Yesterday, we decided to do
some heavy house cleaning. Not the kind where you wash walls, but the kind where you
go through the things you’ve accumulated, and get rid of the things that no longer had
value. She thought I had gotten rid of *many* things years ago, but I kept my little (okay
-- big) pile of things in a large walk-in closet in one of our no longer used bedrooms,
which I had confiscated for my computer and related items. We started with the
basement. That was day number one (yesterday). The next thing she wanted to do was to
clean the two walk-in closets. I went in first, trying to keep her out. She finally made her
way in, and something strange happened when she saw what I had saved. I never saw
those veins in her temples before! Her eyes became red, and they bulged out at least six
inches! The Loch Ness Monster suddenly lost it’s place in the world. This was NOT the
woman I married! As a matter of self-survival, I reluctantly threw away some things that I
*might* possibly have had a use for in the next decade or so. When it was finally over, I
looked at her and said “I love you”. The transformation of a monster into a butterfly had
taken place.

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2001, 02:28 PM
WOW!!! TALK ABOUT CUTTING IT CLOSE!!! If I tried that,well, my lovely wife is of Romanian stock and with a national hero known by the endearing title of " VLAD THE IMPALER "....... I think you are a brave individual! Tom
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon