RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Don't tell me...!

Old 05-08-2003, 09:26 AM

Back again...!

BigAl....thanks for the heartening comment about PSP being capable of photo restoration etc.! Very encouraging and I thank you for it. I did toddle off and have found a couple of links to download PSP6 but it takes several hours to do so.

Flora.....too late! I'm addicted all the way back to PSP3 shareware version...LOL. I just have to create daily or I just don't sleep nights. Tonight it was some photo manipulation with photos of my grandsons. Re Photo restoration...I'd been pestering friends for old photos to practice on and some did supply a few (which hopefully I can pass onto the appropriate forums here in the future for everyone to try out) so to suddenly find a ready supply here to work with I was chuffed.

Have a great weekend....my hubby turns 65 on Saturday so we'll be celebrating...yipee.

Regards
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2003, 12:37 PM

Jade,

....what a wonderful name....in Italian it's Giada....

...Thank you and I wish your husband a very, very Happy Birthday and a great weekend for you all ....
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2003, 04:26 PM

Flora,

I did some checking, and if you can't register the product, it is an illegal or pirated copy.

Tyeise
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2003, 05:11 PM

Tyesie,

Thank you very much for your feedback!

... I got my (very, very expensive) Photoshop 7 sometimes last year, and upgraded it to 7.01 when the patch came out....

...But I still wonder why they wouldn't let me register my Windows OEM versions ... Mind you it was a couple of years ago .....
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2003, 09:05 PM

I don't know, Flora. I've never heard of such a thing. I've always registered all my software, even my Windows.

Tyeise
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2003, 12:25 PM

PSP vs PS

Hi Jade,

First, Welcome to Retouch Pro! I haven't been here for very long, but find it warm, cozy and highly educational, not to mention addictive.

I just wanted to weigh in on the PSP/PS matter. I too use PSP 7, and like you have been using it since v. 3. I've been using it so long, it's like second nature to me. About 2 years ago I got PS, which languished intimidatingly on my machine for the better part of a year before I really gave it a try. Last year I started (gingerly) doing a few things in PS, and while I found the quality of the results much better than the same image worked in PSP, I still have not devoted the time to it that I need to. It's hard to teach my brain new ways of doing things that I can do with my eyes closed in PSP. However, I landed in RP and found a place to learn and am now trying lots of new things (in both, but more and more in PS).

As for retouching/restoring images, I agree with Al, PSP is very good and most things you can do in PS you can do in it with a few adjustments. I recommend two books which you can probably get in Australia or at Amazon. One is "Photoshop Restoration and Retouching" by Katrin Eismann and the other is " Photoshop 6 Photo-Retouching Secrets" by Scott Kelby. Lots of step by step help on common and not-so-common problems.

Nice to meet you and Welcome!
Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-24-2003, 02:41 AM

Re: Don't tell me...!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jade
I feel lonely.....! Where are all the PSPro users in here? Or do I have to rush out and buy a dozen Lottery tickets hoping to win enough to purchase the latest version of PhotoShop. Just think, my young neighbour has it...and doesn't use it. Oh dear...I feel quite ill. Just joshing...she used it ONCE.

Cheers

Awww...quit that bawling, cobber...you know that you have got another PSP'er here now...namely Moi. I am so glad you pointed me in the direction of this great group of talented people.

As for PSP 8....this version is available in Australia for anyone who was registered with the version 7 at a discounted price...wahooo $119 aussie dollars....which is about a hundred bucks less than my dear hubby paid for 7 for my birthday two years ago. Enclosed is the reply that I received from comm-unique-sales here in Oz....so you must be able to get this offer in other countries outside the US. Got to to get tea now....toodle ooh.

Oh...btw.....Hi to everyone...I'm new here.

cheers
Opal

'Good morning

We are currently offering the upgrade to Paint Shop Pro 8 for just $119 all inclusive
(rrp of the upgrade is $149 + $11 freight and handling - both prices GST inclusive)
This will be a full boxed product.

You may avail yourself of this offer via telephone - 02 9622 5624.

We expect Paint Shop Pro 8 to be available in Australia towards the latter part of this month.

We appreciate your continued interest in Paint Shop Pro. Thank you!

Have a great weekend

Kind regards

Roger

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-24-2003, 04:11 PM

Hi Ya thought I would pop in late on this - hope no-one minds

If your windows OEM came with a computer and it was ealier than XP then the OEM retailer would have registered the original version of the OEM and they would of paid a certain amount for each copy of the OEM that they created!!!!! Sorry does that make sense - my brain is scrabbled after reading it back......

This does not make OEM software or hardware illegal but it is just a different way of buying soft/hardware - this system is often cheaper

This is what I understand about OEM - if there is anything wrong please correct as I am not totally up on this - Hope this helps

Clare

OEM Harddrives come without the main box and leads - just hard drive and foam - I have always taken the software to be the same situation!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-24-2003, 04:45 PM

Hi Clare,

Thank you very much for the information which is never too late and always welcome ...

....incredible .... but I think I understood perfectly what you wrote about the registration of windows OEM version ... (and yes, I was talking about win 95 and 98 .... ages before XP) .... and I also always thought along your line of thoughts about this matter .... but I'm far from being an expert on the field ....
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-25-2003, 06:48 PM

PSP8

Thanks Opal....already been in touch again with the powers that be in Sydney. I forgot to mention to you that after my first enquiry.... they told me that the price of $119 was only given to those who attended a "Photo Imaging Show" in Melbourne. Did you enjoy the show?

Perhaps it was also just a "temporary" offer timewise. Anyway....I am applying a wee bit pressure today so wish me luck.

Slainte
Jade
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon