RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Don't tell me...!

Old 05-07-2003, 08:11 AM

Don't tell me...!

I feel lonely.....! Where are all the PSPro users in here? Or do I have to rush out and buy a dozen Lottery tickets hoping to win enough to purchase the latest version of PhotoShop. Just think, my young neighbour has it...and doesn't use it. Oh dear...I feel quite ill. Just joshing...she used it ONCE.

Cheers

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-07-2003, 12:05 PM

Make her an offer!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-07-2003, 03:32 PM

Jade,

Don't feel lonely! I also use PSP, but am working in version 8. Have you tried it yet? It's terrific!

Tyeise
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-07-2003, 05:21 PM

Hi Jade, Chris, Tyeise!

I don't know about Tyesie, but the rest of us would never be able to get advantage of this incredible offer (link removed) a friend of mine sent me by e-mail ..... since it came with this:

NOTE: Unfortunately, we CANNOT ship internationally at this time.

... Jade ... Chris' suggestion might still be your best bet to get hold of Photoshop without having to buy lottery tickets ....

Last edited by Flora; 05-08-2003 at 03:11 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-07-2003, 05:45 PM

Flora, is it legal if it can't be registered?
(most places I've seen discount or "free" software aren't really legal - if you read all the fine print! For example, you are allowed a free backup version - but only if you already purchased the original.)

Tyeise
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-07-2003, 06:33 PM

Knowing who I got this from, I think it's legal ....

...and as far as registering products .... well.... I've never been allowed to register my Windows versions (95 and 98SE), as they were the OEM versions that came bundled with the computers I bought from the official Compaq dealer.... and, therefore, absolutely legal .... But I'm no expert .....
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-07-2003, 09:35 PM

But I've registered the OEM products that I have gotten on my new machines. I guess I need to do a little more checking.

Tyeise
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-07-2003, 11:01 PM

Thank you folks

Hi folks,

Lovely to make your acquaintance! Thank you for the link Fiora ...wow...seems so cheap doesn't it? (That's A$78). I wander around Computer stores here in W.AUST. and look balefully at PhotoShop priced at A$1400 and as a pensioner I can do nothing else but dream on! Thanks for the link though, perhaps the offer will extend here one day.

Hi Chris....ACTUALLY...I did have a talk with my neighbour this morning and she seemed reluctant to tell me where she got her version 6 from?! The main thing is that even though there's mostly PS tutes etc here at RetouchPro there's no reason not to try something similar anyway in PSP even though the results may be different at times. I've seen plenty links for PSP at RetouchPro also...many I already know about though.

Hi Tyeise....yes! I tried the first Beta of PSP8 and thought it marvellous, spent 3 days on it but nothing since. I was hugely impressed with the "scripts"...! Meantime I've decided after years of working with PSP that I now want to seriously do some photo restoration work etc. So here I am to....LEARN. The resources to try are just a marvel here and very thankful to have found this site.

I'm having a grand time searching the other forums....such great info re "printing" too!

Cheerio for now
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2003, 02:32 AM

Jade, I've found that in restoration work, there's very little that PSP can't do that PS can. (Some things may just take a bit longer ) Things that I do miss are LAB, quick mask and some keyboard shortcuts (spacebar and [ ] are the ones that I really would like to see).

Like you, I've found that PS is ludicrously expensive outside the USA. Even educational versions cost US$800, and then you have to buy 10 units. PSP 7 at US$100 here, is a bargain, and I can encourage students not to pirate software...
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2003, 03:07 AM

Tyesie

...maybe different companies have (or had) different policies .... but thank you for warning me ... the very last thing I'd want is to promote something illega!!!! .. so I'd be grateful if you let me know what you've found out on this matter ... .... in the meantime I'll remove the link just in case ....

Jade

...I was so excited about posting the 'link' that I forgot my manners ... Welcome to RP and I'm very glad to make your acquaintance too!

...repeating what I wrote in another post:

"Just a word of warning...You are entering a Danger Zone ..... ....Addiction to Photoshop, (or whatever other image elaboration program is your drug of choice), is very wide spread in all RP areas.....and you might soon become contaminated....there is no known cure or antidote for it....I know because it happened to me....and I loved and love every single moment of it!!!!!

I really do hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do!

P.S. Help, tips, tricks, and great tutorials are a side effect of the contamination....You'll find them, mostly, in two forms: scattered all over particularly assigned zones...or neatly collected in their own special habitat..."
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon