RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

A Couple of changes to the "Welcome Note..."

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 01-03-2009, 07:50 AM
rick44 rick44 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1
Re: A Couple of changes to the "Welcome Note..."

Hello to everyone. Looking forward to learning from the forum. I'm recently retired after a 50 year working career, so it's time to play. Let the games begin.
Reply With Quote top
  #12  
Old 01-03-2009, 08:24 AM
palms's Avatar
palms palms is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: England
Posts: 5,685
Blog Entries: 30
Re: A Couple of changes to the "Welcome Note..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick44 View Post
Hello to everyone. Looking forward to learning from the forum. I'm recently retired after a 50 year working career, so it's time to play. Let the games begin.
Hi and welcome so long as you have the time there is plenty to get involved with just jump in and enjoy


Palms
Reply With Quote top
  #13  
Old 01-04-2009, 08:13 AM
bethmrogers bethmrogers is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: southern Alabama
Posts: 6
Re: A Couple of changes to the "Welcome Note..."

I just found this site while searching for some photoshop tutorials and tools, so I signed up. I've been photographing since my early 20s (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, as my kids like to say). Just recently purchased my first DSLR, a Canon Xt, but I've been working with Photoshop for about 3 years or so, after using Fireworks for a couple of years. It's amazing how powerful it is, and how much depth there is to it- I don't think I'll ever quit learning things about it.
I just finished watching Godmother's retouching video on Youtube, and I'm in awe. My goal for '09 is to learn to use all the tools in photoshop, and hopefully become proficient in more of them.
About me- I'm a Christian photographer/graphic designer/author/publisher/biker/granny; married to my best friend. we still have our two youngest at home, 15 and 19; we're owned by 2 dogs and 2 cats.
Beth
Reply With Quote top
  #14  
Old 01-04-2009, 08:59 AM
palms's Avatar
palms palms is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: England
Posts: 5,685
Blog Entries: 30
Re: A Couple of changes to the "Welcome Note..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethmrogers View Post
I just found this site while searching for some photoshop tutorials and tools, so I signed up. I've been photographing since my early 20s (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, as my kids like to say). Just recently purchased my first DSLR, a Canon Xt, but I've been working with Photoshop for about 3 years or so, after using Fireworks for a couple of years. It's amazing how powerful it is, and how much depth there is to it- I don't think I'll ever quit learning things about it.
I just finished watching Godmother's retouching video on Youtube, and I'm in awe. My goal for '09 is to learn to use all the tools in photoshop, and hopefully become proficient in more of them.
About me- I'm a Christian photographer/graphic designer/author/publisher/biker/granny; married to my best friend. we still have our two youngest at home, 15 and 19; we're owned by 2 dogs and 2 cats.
Beth
Hello and welcome Beth hope you enjoy yourself here, there's lots to learn but looking at your note we may learn from you as well

Palms
Reply With Quote top
  #15  
Old 01-04-2009, 02:37 PM
bethmrogers bethmrogers is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: southern Alabama
Posts: 6
Re: A Couple of changes to the "Welcome Note..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by palms1 View Post
Hello and welcome Beth hope you enjoy yourself here, there's lots to learn but looking at your note we may learn from you as well

Palms
Thanks for the welcome, and I'll be glad to contribute in any way I can. this is the best way to learn in my case - reading how others do things, and applying the techniques in my own way.
Reply With Quote top
  #16  
Old 01-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Mydachshund's Avatar
Mydachshund Mydachshund is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1
Re: A Couple of changes to the "Welcome Note..."

I was directed here from my search engine. I've been using Paint Shop Pro for about 5 years, and I've used every version from 7-12. I use 9 almost exclusively, and I also use Animation Shop when I feel animation will add a special touch to my project. I live in Texas and have a dog...no children, no husband (but I have an ex), but I do have the dog to suggest things from time to time
Reply With Quote top
  #17  
Old 02-09-2009, 06:13 PM
johnnywgk johnnywgk is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: england
Posts: 4
Re: A Couple of changes to the "Welcome Note..."

hi, 1st post for me,

this looks like a great forum, think i will learn a lot,
and enjoy being part of it.

cheers johnny
Reply With Quote top
  #18  
Old 02-17-2009, 02:21 AM
Malc's Avatar
Malc Malc is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 4
Re: A Couple of changes to the "Welcome Note..."

Hi everyone,
I am from South Yorkshire and have been a member for quite a while but haven't posted before. I am a senior who still works as like most people I have bills that need paying.
My favourite subjects are my Grandson and everthing else that fits into my cameras screen.
I haven't unloaded any photos but I will have a look for some that I feel are OK from my travels.

best wishes to you all

Malc
Reply With Quote top
  #19  
Old 02-19-2009, 05:45 PM
maryerice maryerice is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Citrus Heights, California
Posts: 1
Re: A Couple of changes to the "Welcome Note..."

Hello I am new here. I just signed up for a hand coloring class at the local community college. I was just informed last night, after weeks of trying to get intouch with the instructor, that I need to have some contact sheets or prints on fiber based paper for class tomorrow. Bit frustrated here since I work when the black and white lab are open so not sure what to do. Any suggestions.
Reply With Quote top
  #20  
Old 03-10-2009, 01:23 PM
stampingqueen stampingqueen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2
Re: A Couple of changes to the "Welcome Note..."

Hi, I am new to the site. I am from Michigan and I am a stay at home mom and the wife of a US Marine who likes to work with her art on the computer. I had heard that this was a great place to get advice and information and meet other artists, so I thought I would check it out.
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Community > Salon


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Welcome Note To Newbies Jakaleena Salon 234 02-19-2008 04:24 PM
Couple of new retouches from today, 2 models mrbeagle Critiques 11 08-30-2007 03:52 PM
A couple of Photoshop books on ebay ntb Classifieds 0 07-21-2007 04:04 PM
A Couple of changes to the "Welcome Note..." Flora Image Help 3 04-03-2004 11:37 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved