RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

A Couple of changes to the "Welcome Note..."

Old 01-03-2009, 07:50 AM

Re: A Couple of changes to the "Welcome Note..."

Hello to everyone. Looking forward to learning from the forum. I'm recently retired after a 50 year working career, so it's time to play. Let the games begin.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick44 View Post
Hello to everyone. Looking forward to learning from the forum. I'm recently retired after a 50 year working career, so it's time to play. Let the games begin.
Hi and welcome so long as you have the time there is plenty to get involved with just jump in and enjoy

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2009, 08:13 AM

I just found this site while searching for some photoshop tutorials and tools, so I signed up. I've been photographing since my early 20s (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, as my kids like to say). Just recently purchased my first DSLR, a Canon Xt, but I've been working with Photoshop for about 3 years or so, after using Fireworks for a couple of years. It's amazing how powerful it is, and how much depth there is to it- I don't think I'll ever quit learning things about it.
I just finished watching Godmother's retouching video on Youtube, and I'm in awe. My goal for '09 is to learn to use all the tools in photoshop, and hopefully become proficient in more of them.
About me- I'm a Christian photographer/graphic designer/author/publisher/biker/granny; married to my best friend. we still have our two youngest at home, 15 and 19; we're owned by 2 dogs and 2 cats.
Beth
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethmrogers View Post
I just found this site while searching for some photoshop tutorials and tools, so I signed up. I've been photographing since my early 20s (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, as my kids like to say). Just recently purchased my first DSLR, a Canon Xt, but I've been working with Photoshop for about 3 years or so, after using Fireworks for a couple of years. It's amazing how powerful it is, and how much depth there is to it- I don't think I'll ever quit learning things about it.
I just finished watching Godmother's retouching video on Youtube, and I'm in awe. My goal for '09 is to learn to use all the tools in photoshop, and hopefully become proficient in more of them.
About me- I'm a Christian photographer/graphic designer/author/publisher/biker/granny; married to my best friend. we still have our two youngest at home, 15 and 19; we're owned by 2 dogs and 2 cats.
Beth
Hello and welcome Beth hope you enjoy yourself here, there's lots to learn but looking at your note we may learn from you as well

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palms1 View Post
Hello and welcome Beth hope you enjoy yourself here, there's lots to learn but looking at your note we may learn from you as well

Palms
Thanks for the welcome, and I'll be glad to contribute in any way I can. this is the best way to learn in my case - reading how others do things, and applying the techniques in my own way.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2009, 09:07 AM

I was directed here from my search engine. I've been using Paint Shop Pro for about 5 years, and I've used every version from 7-12. I use 9 almost exclusively, and I also use Animation Shop when I feel animation will add a special touch to my project. I live in Texas and have a dog...no children, no husband (but I have an ex), but I do have the dog to suggest things from time to time
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2009, 06:13 PM

hi, 1st post for me,

this looks like a great forum, think i will learn a lot,
and enjoy being part of it.

cheers johnny
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-17-2009, 02:21 AM

Hi everyone,
I am from South Yorkshire and have been a member for quite a while but haven't posted before. I am a senior who still works as like most people I have bills that need paying.
My favourite subjects are my Grandson and everthing else that fits into my cameras screen.
I haven't unloaded any photos but I will have a look for some that I feel are OK from my travels.

best wishes to you all

Malc
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-19-2009, 05:45 PM

Hello I am new here. I just signed up for a hand coloring class at the local community college. I was just informed last night, after weeks of trying to get intouch with the instructor, that I need to have some contact sheets or prints on fiber based paper for class tomorrow. Bit frustrated here since I work when the black and white lab are open so not sure what to do. Any suggestions.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2009, 01:23 PM

Hi, I am new to the site. I am from Michigan and I am a stay at home mom and the wife of a US Marine who likes to work with her art on the computer. I had heard that this was a great place to get advice and information and meet other artists, so I thought I would check it out.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon