Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Old 05-01-2004, 05:03 PM
Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL

I'm posting an e-mail I received from SBC today. You might want to make sure you're up to date.

"Dear SBC Internet Services Member:

It is extremely important that you read this message and take immediate action if you are using Windows NT, 2000 or XP.

A computer worm referred to as Gaobot, is currently infecting computers across the Internet. In response, we strongly urge you to take the following security measures:

1) Use a personal software or hardware firewall to protect your computers from network worms and intruders.
2) Download and install all available critical patches for your Windows operating system from the Microsoft web site:
3) Use up-to-date anti-virus software to detect and remove Gaobot or other computer worms and viruses.

If you have more than one computer using these specific Windows operating systems, you should perform these actions on all such computers that connect to the Internet. Failure to take appropriate action could result in infection of your system and spread of this problem - and could lead to suspension of your account.

SBC Yahoo! members can access additional information about SBC Yahoo! security features, including free anti-virus and personal firewall at Further information is available at

If you have questions about this e-mail or need other information, please contact SBC Internet Services toll free at 877-722-3755.

Thank you,

SBC Internet Services "
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon