RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

The news from Zimbabwe

Old 08-06-2002, 01:30 PM

I can't believe this goes on today,as it reminds me of the early American settlers, worrying about the indians, but wanting to stay and farm too. It's a shame the world has to be so screwed up.
Sam, my thoughts are with you.
greg
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2002, 04:33 PM

Hi Jeanie,
Sam's last post was July 27th so that's why I was so concerned. Usually even if she doesn't post here she will submit challenges or answer posts here and there and I tend to look for her posts. Now, I'm really concerned. I tell you it will be such a relief when she comes back online. Hopefully they're in the process of making plans as you said since time is running out fast for them. I gather if they have any assets there when ordered off their land the assets stay behind so if I were in their shoes, I would be trying to secure as many assets as possible before the deadline approaches. It's their personal safety that we are all concerned about but for them they are loosing all they worked for for a life time. What a position to be put in. I can't even begin to imagine it.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2002, 04:42 PM

Hi Guys ... gosh, I'm just so amazed by your concern ... we're fine for now - I've got away from it all for a bit and am writing this from Scotland - as you say, the deadline is 10th, so we all wait to see what happens then. I may or may not have a home to return to!!!

Can't give you much more on the situation at this stage ...

Big cheers & thanks to you all,

Sam
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2002, 04:51 PM

Oh Sam, I never new I would feel so happy to hear from you. I'm sorry you had to leave your home though but so glad you're safe. Is your husband still in Zimbabwe?
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2002, 04:53 PM

Sam, it is a great relief to hear from you! When you say "we're fine for now", does that mean your husband is with you in Scotland? (I assume your children are with you.) And what about his brother?

I'm so glad to hear that you're physically safe, though I imagine the emotional scars of the whole experience are probably still quite raw. I hope that you're able to find support through family and friends to help you through this transition. If there's anything I can do to help, please just let me know.

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2002, 05:37 PM

Great to hear from you Sam. Is Scotland going to be your safe haven if you can't return to your home in Zim? I can't imagine all that you are going through hope it works out. Just remember we are all thinking of you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2002, 06:15 PM

Pleased to hear you've escaped the madhouse for a while ! I'll be in Edinburgh for the comedy 'Fringe' in a week or so. Staying with friends over the water at Dalgety Bay. She's got an Italian friend staying who loves to cook so it looks like I'll be suffering pasta by the wagonload !
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2002, 04:12 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
It's funny this thread surfaced just as I was thinking about Sam and her family. Like the others, I'm really pleased that everyone is at least safe now. It must really be hard to live in a situation like that. Also like the others, I'm sending prayers and best wishes your way Sam.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-08-2002, 08:21 AM

Sam,

Just another of the many who are glad to hear from you and to know that you are safe in Scotland. Watch out for Chris - he might explode from all that pasta and cause major destruction in his wake!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-08-2002, 12:13 PM

Little chance of that CJ I've only got to eat about half a plate of the stuff and I feel like I've swallowed a cannonball! Unfortunately Guiliana (the Visitor) hasn't realised this and has pans of the stuff in all its forms bubbling away, which is then heaped on my plate with gusto. Luckily my friends dining room is full of sideboards and drawers where I can dump the stuff when 'le chef' is looking the other way. Its then retrieved at dead of night and used for patching the road outside.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon