Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Web radio

Old 07-11-2004, 11:09 AM
Web radio

Any other web radio fans? Post your favorite links here.

I'm becoming a big fan of I especially love their acoustic stream. 100% non-label artists, so I guarantee you've never heard any of this before. If you decide you want to buy a cd (you can stream them all for free) the artist gets 50%. And they have almost no commercials, and the few they have are unobtrusive and only for their artists.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-11-2004, 09:54 PM
Well, I actually like listening to dance/techno/electronica (as well as about every other musical style except for opera and country), and I play around at doing some club mixes now and then. The software I use for mixing has their own radio stations for various types of dj/club music. You can find it over at

If you're wanting a large source of people doing their own dj shows, there's always
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2004, 11:53 AM
I don't normally listened to 'Live' streamed radio but I'm a great fan of archived and repeat stuff from the BBC and RTE(Ireland)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-22-2004, 10:57 PM
Seattle happens to be blessed with KING FM one of the best clasical stations ever.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Here are three I've been listen to lately:

Whisperings - Solo Piano Radio

Classical Public Radio - WDAV - 89.9

Classical 103·5

Last edited by T Paul; 04-16-2005 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Added Link
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2005, 11:50 AM
This is a good change of pace thread.

I am a fan of all types of music. As of late I have been on an unsigned artist binge and has hit that spot nicely.

For unsigned artist I like . Soundclick features music with a couple of twists. First of all, many of the artists are not slick professionals resulting in some unrefined recordings done in homes or garages or what not. Secondly, many of the artists are actually songwriters just wanting to get opinions on their writing....not their performance. (a community exists on the site that is not completely unlike a musical verion of RP.)

The third twist, and my favorite, is their radio stations. Members can pick the artists and songs they want on their own personal radio station(s). Members can have multiple stations, perhaps sorted by genre, and there is no limit to the size of the play list(s). Radio may be set to be private or broadcast for other members to enjoy. This last results in tons of stations.

Soundclick is a site that requires some time investment. If your interest in music doesn't go beyond "audio wallpaper" this is not the site for you. But if you like to dig in and find the diamonds in the rough, this is a place for you.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon