RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

DJ's ole homestead in So Flo

Old 10-22-2001, 07:03 PM

DJ's ole homestead in So Flo

OK, boring as it may be here it is. We've lived here in South Florida since 1979 because we just got tired of year round snow. I can't say I'm sorry since I loved summer time best but I do miss the seasons though.
The photos are of the front and back views of our house and one of our dog thrown in to make this less boring.
The pool is not considered a luxury item here but more of a necessity.
We live in a gated community which keeps things quiet and the developement is surrounded by a water canal and lakes in the center. Yes we have gators occasionally and some otters that frolic in the canal as well. Not to mention the beautiful water birds like egrets and hurons that wade by the canal shore.
Boca Raton is a relatively quiet town despite the uproar it's caused in the news of late.
It's close to lots of fun things to do such as the Everglades and the ocean and only 2 hours drive from Orlando and Kennedy space center. You can even see the plumes of the shuttle from our house when it goes up.
Then if you head south there is Miami about 40 miles away and of course the keys which offer fantastic diving and fishing.
In the summers it hits the high 90s but not much higher but the humidity can really get to you. In winter it's about mid 70s and an occaisional threat of frost. The of course, there's hurricane season which starts in June and ends in November. Now there's excitement for you. Well that's it in So Flo
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2001, 08:10 PM

Where's the photo, Dj? Bet a 'Gator got it!! Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2001, 08:44 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Debbie,

I saw your other post saying that it probably won't happen. I've seen times when there is quite a bit of text, the attachment won't go through. Why don't you try to send it with little text?

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2001, 09:15 PM

I could have sworn I deleted this thread. OK You may have a point Ed. Here goes
DJ

It took me several more tries. I have to say this is not the easiest way to go. And you can see how bad the photos turned out. Too low res.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg our-house-in-so-flo.jpg (27.2 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by DJ Dubovsky; 10-22-2001 at 09:18 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2001, 09:32 PM

Hey, ya got it!! Nice looking spread you've got there. I can just see myself sunning by the pool on Christmas Eve! If I didn't know better, from the looks of the screening by the pool, I'd probably think you have a lot of uninvited insects. That really looks like a nice place to relax. And that's a great looking dog too. I'm not sure how many people have posted so far, but I want to visit each and every one. This has turned out to be a great thread.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2001, 09:43 PM

Thanks Ed,
Yeah, the screening is a necessity. In the evening you would be eaten alive by mosquitos without it. It almost makes it feel like an extention to your house and with the covered porch, I like to sit out and watch the storms.
The dog's a Siberian Husky, our 2nd and she is a sweet heart. I love having animals around. To me they are one of God's greatest gifts. My other one went in the pool sometimes but this one is scared of it because she fell in as a pup. But she loves getting squirted with the hose though which makes watering all my patio plants difficult because she keeps getting in the way.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2001, 09:57 PM

I fully agree about the animals. For some reason, if there is a stray dog around, they somehow wind up at our house. Almost 6 years ago, my son and grand daughter brought a puppy home that had been hit by a car. I made it clear that the pup would not be spending the night. A little later I fell asleep in a chair. When I woke up, the pup was sleeping on my lap. And yes, he's still here.

Ed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hooch2.jpg (49.7 KB, 10 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2001, 10:07 PM

Ed you ole softy. I love those ears. "All the better to hear what you say and ignore it" Looks like he's got some Shepard in him. I guess he knew where to go for good home.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2001, 10:14 PM

Yeah, he's got a lot of German Shephard in him, along with some Yellow Lab, according to the vet. He's got the body of a Shepard, but the color and web toes of the Lab.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2001, 10:35 PM

dj,

i knew you could do it.

you came south the same year i did, but you went further. how long have you been where you are now?

i think you should say you have a moat. with otters and gators. we have some gators, but no otters that i know of. i'd rather have otters.

would be lovely to have a pool, but i have formed the opinion that they are a lot of w-o-r-k. yes? but you have a teen-age potential pool man, so maybe not. do you swim in winter?

i love that you have a plam tree by your front door.

are people back to work @ that news building?

i am glad you got here as i planned to pester you til you did.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon