Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Skill Level??

View Poll Results: Where do you rate yourself in terms of skill level??
Beginner 11 9.02%
Beginner - Intermediate 18 14.75%
Intermediate 41 33.61%
Intermediate - Advanced 23 18.85%
Advanced 29 23.77%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2004, 02:23 PM
lame ... oh, it's not there... so, beginner
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-15-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Matt Elder
When it comes to usage and knowledge of PhotoShop, I would have to say that I am 'advanced' ............
When it comes to retouching and restoring photgraphs, beginner...
Same here, mate.
I've got a pretty firm grip on all of the how's and why's of PS. But as it is not my line of business : hardly any practice.
On average - intermediate?

Last edited by byRo; 09-15-2004 at 09:50 AM. Reason: carn't spel rite
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-15-2004, 08:57 PM
I'm probably on the low end of intermediate. Some things I have a firm grasp of but anything artfully deranged is a challenge. However, since that is where my interest leans, I'm trying hard to catch up.

Restoring photos is more what I'm better at...but enjoy less.

If that confused mess makes any sense at all, you are doing well.

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2004, 11:04 AM
I'll have to put myself in the beginner-intermediate spot. When people I know see what I do they are fairly impressed, but when i see what some people on this site do I'm in awe. Dennis
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2004, 09:54 PM
Using the words to discribe my High School Band days,"I was the best last chair third trumpet in the band." As I am in PS.

Therefore, I am an almost fourth year beginner. I must admit though, as I become an old goat it gives me great pleasure to watch and learn from all the "kids" on this sight who help and teach me. For me, a non-artist or even good photog, this Photopshop may be what keeps my mind from lapsing into senility with old age, that is unless it drives me nuts first.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-23-2006, 12:01 PM
I have registered ad "intermediate advanced" not because I can use all corners of Photoshop but because I believe slowly to have learned how to use my hardware (D20, 17-4 and 24-105, 50) supported by some photoshop. Neat image, DXO - competences to express what I want to express in photos. In fact I think I only use some 10-20 % of photoshop functions but its seems in most cases to provide what I'm looking for.
On the other hand I'm maybe simply not critical enough ! However, also that can be learned. Maybe in some weeks I'm a "beginner" again...
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-23-2006, 03:13 PM
didn't know if I was even going to post... then I saw Ms.Shan's mention of teaching beginning and Advanced classes at her local Community College.

what a terrific opportunity eh? I had the chance to do the same out here in California... it was a wonderful experience.

Funny, after years of "living and breathing" Photoshop... getting into the program at home before work, then most of each 10+ hour day at the office and back to it when I get home... continually collaborating online or exercising my creativity in some way, even had the opportunity to work on a couple of Photoshop books...

however, had the chance to take the Ultimate Photoshop Quiz at the PhotoshopUser site the other week... even cheating I only come up ass Intermediate...

in the end, maybe its not what you remember, but what you do
with each release, there's more to learn... but there's also much more to learn about the industries in which our skills are used.

we can only get better

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2006, 01:37 AM
i cant say which level i am. i am simply happy with my experience.

self-taught and learned from collegues, so i have my own way of finishing a job. this may be awkward, sometimes i think there must be a faster method, although i always make it in the end...thats why i found this forum, i already learned a lot, reading some topics...and still improving
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-02-2006, 10:05 AM
intermediate advanced

i think im in the upper intermediate bracket there is still allot more to learn and experiment with, some project push u more than others, check out my stuff here
Originally Posted by Ed_L
Just wondering where you would consider yourself in the area of skill level? Don't be bashful -- take the poll!

Reply With Quote top
Old 06-30-2006, 11:22 AM
I'd have to say I'm advanced but...

I'd have to say I'm advanced but since I started with photoshop (when it was 2.5) I knew then that photoshop would be a life long learning experience and I feel I need someone who can take me to a higher level than I am at right now.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon