Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

New Members Introductions, Biographical Ramblings Etc

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2002, 09:17 AM
Hi all.

Been looking at these forums for a week or so and, as some of you will have noticed, I have now posted a couple of my pictures in the gallery. Well, I thought I'd better introduce myself

I live in Portsmouth (South coast UK) and I work for the Ministry of Defence as an IT Support Engineer. I've been married for just over three years and still enjoying life!

I've played with photoshop a few times, but only recently got into using it seriously and loving it. I'm hoping to pick up loads of tips and tricks for the various packages you guys use to help me improve my pictures. I have a couple of images that I may need help with in the future . . .

In the meantime, thanks for a great site and I look forward to getting to know you all at least a little better
Old 12-09-2002, 11:14 AM

Welcome to RetouchPRO. Glad you found us and took a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself. It's always nice to add some international flavour to the mix!

You've probably already noticed how many nice folks there are who participate in the forums, ready and willing to lend a hand.

Again, welecome.

Old 12-09-2002, 11:35 AM
Welcome Colin,

Just looked at your web site- oh mini's I love them. I had to sell mine last year as it had become a reservoir! I had to bale out for half an hour or get covered in water! I still have very fond memories and would love to own another for fun when I can afford it, and have a garage it put it in.

Old 12-09-2002, 11:45 AM
Hi Collin!

Welcome to wonderful RP...from another member this (your) side of the Pond!

Just a word of warning...You are entering a Danger Zone ..... ....Addiction to Photoshop, (or whatever other image elaboration program is your drug of choice), is very wide spread in all RP areas.....and you might soon become contaminated....there is no known cure or antidote for it....I know because it happened to me....and I loved and love every single moment of it!!!!!

I really do hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do!

P.S. Help, tips, tricks, and great tutorials are a side effect of the contamination....You'll find them, mostly, in two forms: scattered all over particularly assigned zones...or neatly collected in their own special habitat...
Old 12-09-2002, 02:25 PM
Welcome aboard Collin
It is good to see another member from the Old Country, though I now live in Australia, was born in Portsmouth, and my siblings still live there. It has changed enourmously since I left. Hope to see more of you.
Old 12-20-2002, 02:53 AM

Hi everyone,

My name is Rosemary, but Im Rose to my friends.

A friend gave me the address to this site today as I have just been given a digital camera for christmas (so ok .. I got it early!) and I was looking for sites on how to use photoshop to enhance my images.

One of my other interests is family history, my husband and I have been researching his family for several years, and we have many old photographs, some in really bad repair. Needless to say I found your section on restoration facinating. I cant wait to give it a try.

I popped in to take a quick look and ended up spending about 3 hours looking around the site. The restoration challenges taking up most of that time. I am a definately a beginner, but I really am interested in learning the techniques needed to do this sort of work, though I am not sure I will be confident enough to enter the challenges to start with

I live in Tasmania, Australia, I am 47 years old and in the last 4 or 5 years have started a new career as a web page designer. I am finally beginning to make more than a little pocket money from it, which pleases my husband no end! All those hours sitting at the computer paid off!! I have a 19 year old daughter and a mongrel called sam.

I look forward to learning from you all, and hope I can eventually contribute.

Rose .. tassie
Old 12-20-2002, 03:13 AM

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find it as amazing here as I have (and still do!). You gotta be careful though . . . . this site is addictive!!!

I worked out that in about two weeks I've spent something stupid like 19 hours surfing this site alone and trying to do some of challenges.

A mongrel called sam? Is that really any way to speak of the love of your life Just kidding!

Old 12-20-2002, 03:26 AM
~lol~ .. sam is the dog... the other mongrel is my husband !!

not really ..Im just kidding too

thanks for the welcome!!
Old 12-20-2002, 03:28 AM
Hey Rose, Welcome to RetouchPro (from another major addict *sigh* it's 3am here and I still can't make myself leave here.. )
Re challenges: hey, no need to feel insecure about submitting your work, we love to see anything you come up with!!

- David
Old 12-20-2002, 03:32 AM
Thanks for the welcome dave, I already have enough addictions, do I really need another!! ~lol~ .. oh well .. looks like I might have just aquired another.

Looks like everyone here is helpful and friendly, over the Christmas break when work is a little quieter and I have finished cooking for the hoards, I just might have a go at one of the easier challenges. As I said, I am a complete newbie when it comes to restoration work .

Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon