RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

New Members Introductions, Biographical Ramblings Etc

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 11:26 AM

Hey, Rose:

Let me add my welcome. So you got that dig camera as an early present, huh? Was that for being naughty, nice or both?

Your first experience at RetouchPRO reminded me of mine... just popped in and the first thing I knew it was several hours later. There's just a huge amount of good info.

You'll fit right in... The people are nice and we especially enjoy helping each other regardless of experience level. There are always new questions and things to learn.

Again, welcome. Glad you found us.

~DannyR~
Old 12-21-2002, 02:58 PM

Hi! Rose
Welcome aboard, from another Aussie . Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year
Nick
Old 12-21-2002, 05:04 PM

Hey Danny and Nick

thanks for the welcome!

I hope you both have a great Christmas and a safe and happy new years.

Nick, Ive been keeping my eye out for other aussies... thanks for the welcome!.

Rose

Oh .. and Danny .. Im not telling if I got the camera for being naughty or nice!!
Old 12-21-2002, 05:14 PM

Welcome aboard Rose. The kind folks on this site are really gems. I hope you will find as I have that they are warm, friendly and very helpful.

Do digital cameras work that far below the equator?
Old 12-21-2002, 05:22 PM

~poking my tongue out at Kevin~ ... thanks for the welcome! ... I think ~lol~

So far .. most of the people I have met here are very nice ~looking askance at you~ .... just joking .. I can take a joke, they make us Aussies tough you know!

I am really looking forward to getting into some restoration work, I just tidied up an old photograph for my aunt for Christmas, and its given me the bug. I certainly didnt do as good a job with it as the challenges I have seen here.

Rose
Old 12-21-2002, 05:33 PM

I know what you mean about getting the bug. It seems the more I do, the more I want to do. I've come here with many problems over the past month or so and they always come through for me with exactly the right help. Hopefully soon I will get good enough to contribute. I know I have grown a lot since comming here.
Old 12-22-2002, 12:22 AM

Intro...

DesertFoxx AKA Dave Gunderson here. I'm 50 yrs old, Married, and have two Poodles.

What can I say? I'm a rookie [or feel like one] with PS 6.0 . I'm a technical minded person. I've been working on Computer Systems since the mid '70s. Actually, a multitude of Systems. Computers, Communications and Control. I'm both a Ham [KB7ZZV] and commercially rated in Comm systems. My job[s] over the years have taken all over the USA and Europe.

My hobbies? Ham Radio, although I am not too active since I've discovered the Internet. I mostly tinker on stuff around the house. I've built -many- computers over the last 10 years. My kids get the castoffs... As I said, the Internet is a hobby that I got involved in [much like all of you]. I find it the perfect medium to exchange ideas and meet like minded people. I also have found it to be an area to be creative. Sometime back -- I figured if a 10 year old kid can make a website -- I could make a website. My latest creation focuses on the wife's Poodle . I have a
family site as well. Too bad I can't master the content aspect of building a good site.

Living in a small town [Lake Havasu City, AZ] presents somewhat of a problem in Learning things... My web building training being mostly self taught. Forums such as this one has been invaluable in my never-ending knowledge quest.

What brings me here? Mastering my Digital Camera. Picking up Photoshop tricks. Learning from you... I'll be listening mostly. I'll shut-up and sit-down now.

Dave
Old 12-22-2002, 04:21 AM

Welcome, Dave! (aka DesertFoxx)

Glad you found us and shared a bit about yourself. You and I have many things in common, I see. Technical background (programming, mainframe, mini, microcomputers), 50 years young, having a lot of fun with the net and learning the ins/outs of digital imaging.

Nice to have one with PC hardware background join us. With the ongoing changes in technology, having someone off of whom to bounce questions will be a real bonus. We'll be learning from YOU!

Again, welcome aboard.

~DannyR~

Last edited by DannyRaphael; 12-22-2002 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-22-2002, 09:10 AM

Welcome aboard Dave! Wow there seems to be a lot of us around here that are the same age. We share the same interests also. I'm a HAM, KA5PFB, but haven't key'd a mike in several years. I had to choose which of the expensive hobbies I would like to remain active in and Ham Radio lost. Actually it was Ham Radio that introduced me to computers back in 81. Bought a Commadore Vic-20 so I could do RTTY. That's all it took, started as a professional in IT in 84. Nice to have another tinkerer around.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:41 PM

Thumbs down New Member

Hello , just discovered this great site tonight. Just time to say hello (5.24am), and i'll look forward to a longer visit next time. Posted a couple of images in the Gallery, hope someone likes them
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon